Adhoc to mac itunes problems

I read the other post here about adhoc issues. They had problems giving it to their friends. I can't even get it to work on my own mac. I have made sure my plist identifier matches my adhoc dist profile. I have made sure that same profile shows up in the organizer on my ipod(touch if it matters) I have made sure when I use the organizer, i can see that my ipod is infact an allowed device on that profile. I confirmed this also on the program portal. I have made sure I have the Entitlements.plist file noted in the build target, and the checkbox is unchecked. When I put my game in itunes, and try to sync I get that good old error about not being authorized.

As a side note I did find that I have Entitlements.plist added on my target, I became unable to debug my game on my device. Some little tidbit to save somebody else some trouble perhaps.

If anyone can help I would be so gratefull. I need to get my artist an adhoc copy so he can see what things are looking like.
Quote this message in a reply
Adhoc is a tricky beast. It sounds like you have most things covered. If you haven't already I would power cycle both the computer and the device. When you build it for ad-hoc double check to make sure your profile is selected and always do a clean build. I always restart Xcode before a final build anyways but that is part of my ritual and may not be needed.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
You could also try the fix described here. I've had to do this a couple of times and it has worked.
I cannot understand how messed up this process is. It worked this morning. I changed nothing. I also looked to follow the steps about deleting provision profiles from your project but my project file did not have those lines. I guess the magic reboot worked... Well thanks for the reboot suggestion!
If you add ITunesArtwork manually it can cause this too. Good to know.
Just an FYI after I got this sorted out on the mac, I gave it to my friend with a PC and it worked first time no issues. Good to know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What to use for URL to my game in iTunes/AppStore? Jamie W 4 6,289 May 28, 2010 01:49 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  iTunes Connect oddity kendric 0 1,840 Mar 30, 2010 07:06 AM
Last Post: kendric
  adhoc different then device debug? kendric 8 4,740 Jan 15, 2010 11:42 AM
Last Post: kendric
  Creating an adhoc build for a reviewer EndeavorBros 1 2,035 Nov 18, 2009 04:03 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  huge size difference in adhoc vs dist and lite vs full kendric 1 2,159 Aug 13, 2009 04:02 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook