Not really game development, but i don't know where else i could ask

Hi guys sorry if this thread seems annoying (it's not really about game development) but i was wondering if you guys would recommend using iWeb for web development, etc.? I have been using Dreamweaver for the past few years and now that i think about it, why buy something if i can just get it for free with iLife?

So basically what i'm trying to say is: Do you recommend using iLife instead of Dreamweaver?

P.S. i'm sorry about this thread not having to do anything with game development but i don't know annywhere else that i could ask.

Thanks in advanceGrinGrin

OMG! IT'S A SQUIRREL!!!
Quote this message in a reply
I use textmate myself.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
iWeb is wysiwyg, not a real editor.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Najdorf Wrote:iWeb is wysiwyg, not a real editor.

The worst part about iWeb is they don't even give you a chance to edit HTML. Dreamweaver is slightly better but it is almost unusable for anything web 2.0.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
so... if i'm a complete begginer then, iWeb or else if i want to do PHP,MySQL,HTML,CSS by my own customisation then, keep with Dreamweaver or textmate?

OMG! IT'S A SQUIRREL!!!
filfil96 Wrote:so... if i'm a complete begginer then, iWeb or else if i want to do PHP,MySQL,HTML,CSS by my own customisation then, keep with Dreamweaver or textmate?

There are two types of web design applications WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) and text editors. With WYSIWYG you dont have to know any html and you can just plunk items down on a page. It is very easy and very straight forward but extremely limited and produces terribly optimized code. As far as WYSIWYG I prefer dreamweaver since it gives you a chance to play with the HTML, but all these options are sub-par.

What you really want to do is get a good text editor (BBEdit, Textmate, Textwrangle, Coda, etc) and learn some HTML and perhaps some CSS. If you are using a WYSIWYG editor anyways you wont be able to really use PHP or MySQL (you can but its no different the a text editor)

So in short if you want to do anything serious on the web like a company or product website get a text editor, if you are just playing around iWeb or Dreamweaver works (kind of).

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Switching developers mid-game development fauxdev 4 1,193 Feb 17, 2014 05:46 PM
Last Post: funkboy
  How to get started in game development! Taxxodium 18 46,615 Jun 5, 2012 03:55 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  [Book] Cocos2d for iPhone 1 Game Development Cookbook NathanBurba 1 5,308 Jan 8, 2012 05:40 PM
Last Post: mmztech
  iphone game development on Windows? Briksins 22 22,169 Dec 19, 2010 01:43 PM
Last Post: sefiroths
  Learning Cocoa game development Miglu 17 16,493 Aug 8, 2010 02:25 PM
Last Post: Miglu