Where to go now?

OK, I'm new to iDevGames, and am experienced with TNT BASIC, Scratch, Applescript, dim3, and Future BASIC 5. (I also dabbled in that weird and wonderful place of C). Future BASIC is almost like C, with event handling routines and you can even insert raw C/C++ code into your FB5 code. I started learning C, but then I thought hey, I want to make graphical fast paced 3D (Wacko) games! Is this UNIX world of printf and scanf really helping?

* I do not want to use a really simple 'make your own game with -1 mouse clicks!' kind of app. I own Xcode and am willing to learn C. I also am expiereinced with UNIX and 3D modelling/ Graphics.

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
If you're willing to learn C then that would be your next logical step. (BTW, you'll still use printf a lot for debugging purposes) Once you get the fundamentals down, you will want to learn to use OpenGL, which is the API you'll be using to make "graphical fast paced 3D" games. You can learn some OpenGL stuff at nehe.gamedev.net. Be forewarned that the learning curve for OpenGL is notoriously steep.
Thanks very much!