Please help me in choosing web hosting

Nibbie
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (ixwebhosting.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking [LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR] - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
dreamhost and powweb are the only two that come to mind.
Dreamhost seconded. They give me more disk space and bandwidth than I know what to do with for a very attractive price.
I third Dreamhost. Also, if your previous host is complaining about "server resources" they might mean CPU. Are you running any large php scripts or something?

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
I used PowWeb for a while and really didn't like them. I'm with bluehost now and they seem to be pretty solid.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Good catch! Link removed from original post.
Oh wow, I'm impressed! So simple and yet so effective. Still, a crook is a crook...
Haha, the spam kind of backfires when everyone in the thread recommends a competitor over the original service.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
I think what the spammer is trying to do is get google to associate their link with links of the competitors, so in that sense it would work. It's not direct advertisement here, but trying to boost page rank. Plus there are features listed as though they are problems. Very clever indeed.