Issue: Books and Store sections are ugly and outdated

I know most of us (me specifically) just go straight to the forums, but today I went to check on the main page and was severely disappointed.

Go to the main page and click on Books. Ugly, isn't it? And it contains NO BOOKS!

Now go back and click on Store. It's selling t-shirts with a logo I have never seen in my life. Cmd-R is nowhere to be found. iDevGames is not Target! Sheesh!

I don't expect this to be fixed any time soon, given the frequency and speed of updates in the past, but I wanted to mention it so I could stop thinking about it.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Quote this message in a reply
I noticed this when I first came to idevgames, and when I last checked.(Yes, I do visit the front page)
There are books, but you have to click on one of the links at the right to see them.
All of the hardware listed there is outdated.

We are right in the middle of a contest at the moment though, and Carlos probably has his hands full at the moment.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
DoG
Hairball183 Wrote:We are right in the middle of a contest at the moment though, and Carlos probably has his hands full at the moment.

Allow me a side-stab: you mean, instead of just posting the alleged contest results, he is juggling with them until the bad ones fall out? Wink
DoG Wrote:Allow me a side-stab: you mean, instead of just posting the alleged contest results, he is juggling with them until the bad ones fall out? Wink

The contest results do actually exist. I was one of the folks who audited them. I spent an entire work day inspecting for anomalies and determined that the results are valid to the best I can determine -- no juggling going on. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Books books books! FlamingHairball 7 3,292 May 13, 2008 03:14 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  OpenGL Books? bronxbomber92 16 6,944 Mar 6, 2007 09:52 PM
Last Post: CFthetized
  Books! Corun 16 7,380 Jul 6, 2005 12:25 AM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Mac dev books Carlos Camacho 12 7,296 Jun 12, 2005 11:55 AM
Last Post: szymczyk