Congratulations to all uDG08 Participants!

I just wanted to say congrats to all those who entered. This is going to be a tough one to judge, as there are several which are really awesome.

I downloaded and briefly played all of the games and I found all of them to be interesting, and most of them are actually pretty impressive. Beyond that, all of them at least launched, and only one gave me any notable misbehavior on first launch (SpaceProto must be doing some serious graphics or something because my MacBook was crawling on its knees for mercy, although it did launch). Past uDG contests had many different problems pop up from game to game, like some would mess up desktop icons and other system windows, and others wouldn't launch at all, or simply crash; not so in this contest -- they all behave for the most part (so far), and that is really impressive to me.

A couple of things I noticed:

- Several Unity based games, and they all look great.
- Lots of games with large file sizes (almost half are over 20 MB by my count, with 30-40 MB appearing to be popular amongst those). Glad we were able to get rid of the limit for this contest. Looks like that move paid off! Not that I'm a large file size advocate, but there certainly appears to be a lot of quality content.

You all did a great job in getting these games entered, and my hat is off to all of you! Grin
Quote this message in a reply
Yeah I'll second that and especially the hard to vote part.

There are less games than usual, so yeah less problems.
There is only one OS to work toward so that cuts out issues.
There is no devil .SIT format to corrupt the games either.
Because of fewer devs, its easier to see a higher ratio of quality.

Anyway, cheers and best wishes for all the devs who worked hard and sweated those last minutes before the deadline, and especially those who kept cutting and chopping after.(that last part, I know, is really tough!)

Don't get discouraged, I lost my first UDG, 16th place, never stopped us.
Yeah good job to all entering.

I played 7 games, some were great, some were not, still I couldn't get myself to give less than 6. Heck, you're making a mac game, you're releasing it open source, I can't give you less than 6 for the effort Wink

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Yep, congrats to fellow developers, and good luck

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Apprentice
Definitely! Congrats to all of you! Just getting something out the door is an accomplishment in itself.

I've tried a few of the games, and going to check out the rest ASAP.

Justin, sorry, I tried yours before you had the chance to update it to 1.1. I don't imagine it'd make much difference to me though, since I quite liked it. Smile
Apprentice
Hello iDevGames!!

Also a big "Good Job" to everyone who managed to get a game done for this contest!!!
To introduce myself, I am this "Tobi", that iGame3D is talking about all over the place that you probably thought doesn't exist at all, heheheh. Wink
I played all of the entries and voted for each in a fair way IMO. There are really original ideas and well-done entries this year. In fact, I spent most of the day playing some of them, so they are not boring at all!!
Haven't been active in the forum for years I guess, but that will change now after the contest. Time to learn iPhone Dev and share what I have learned before!

Keep up the good work, everybody!!
Tobi
Hey, welcome (back) to the forums. Smile

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Congrats everyone! I have downloaded & played six games so far and I have to say I'm impressed with the level of polish and, as others pointed out, the fact that I haven't had a single game crash, fail to launch or misbehave in any other way (yet Rasp ) - I think several entries could easily become commercial indie games in the near future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  uDG08 Voting Results and Methods AnotherJake 111 49,306 Mar 20, 2009 05:15 PM
Last Post: pinguoren