How can I share my game with my friends?

monteboyd Wrote:You can quote AnotherJake on this now, or me Wink one of my testers on Windows has my beta working. So it is possible.

@riruilo - are you still having problems? The first time I tried I missed out a few things because I hadn't read the Program Portal User Guide properly. You can download it from the iPhone Developer Porgram Portal. Go through the steps it has for distribution very carefully, there are specific extra steps for Ad Hoc distribution.

Once you have finished all the steps and built your app with the distribution settings send your friends the .app file and the .mobileprovision file. As per kodex's suggestion I used BetterZip to send to my Windows tester. Your testers should then drag those two files (the extracted files, not the zip) onto their iTunes and sync their device. They may need to delete an old version of the app from within iTunes if there was a non-working version before.

Thanks, next weekend I'll try it!
Quote this message in a reply
monteboyd Wrote:As per kodex's suggestion I used BetterZip to send to my Windows tester. Your testers should then drag those two files (the extracted files, not the zip) onto their iTunes and sync their device.

Hello

thanks for the BetterZip advice. I don't know why it wouldn't work with a finder zip. When looking the properties->archive on PC, I can see that there's not the same number of files, the finder zip has 2 more files than betterzip zip. But the extracted directories are the same on pc, so it is a mystery why one will worked when dragged on itunes.
Did someone find how to tell the finder to do the same zip ?
Otherwise I will probably buy a betterzip license.
Quote this message in a reply