I want to develop for iPhone, where to start?

Nibbie
Hi I am seriously considering to become a game developer for the iPhone,
however i have no programming skills at all, however I have some basic skills in Maya. and I don't have a mac .

So i am considering to buy a mac mini , because I am on a tight budget right now. And to buy an Unity3d indie license.

is this wise to do? is the mac mini powerful enough? and is it useful to buy an game engine?

can't wait for your responses

Ashwin
Quote this message in a reply
Sounds like a great start. If you're developing for the iPhone, a Mac Mini should be plenty, since you won't exactly be taxing any new Mac to do anything an iPhone can do.
Just so you know, to publish for iphone you will need at least the "iPhone Basic" ($399) on top of unity indie. Not saying it's not money well spent (nor that it is).

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Nibbie
thanks for your reply. I just came across ShiVa from stonetrip, is that a good alternative to Unity? And I am also looking for cheap modelling software, is Blender a good program to model for games?
ashwin911 Wrote:And I am also looking for cheap modelling software, is Blender a good program to model for games?

Well you won't find anything any cheaper. And if you can learn to use it, it'll do just as well as any other program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to develop Android apps for Beginners duyencaothi 3 4,909 Feb 26, 2013 05:45 AM
Last Post: 365socialmedia
  Develop an iOS game BlackRainey 1 4,347 Nov 22, 2011 07:16 AM
Last Post: sealfin
  Where to start learning iPhone development JonnyThunder 13 9,518 Oct 6, 2009 02:40 AM
Last Post: TrueScot
  Can I develop for iPhone using Windows? davidc02 8 6,987 Apr 24, 2009 08:19 AM
Last Post: TythosEternal
  Start of iPhone Game Development trygametest 1 2,320 Feb 9, 2009 03:10 AM
Last Post: riruilo