Application verification failed

Hi
I'm trying to do my first test on a real device (iPod Touch) and I have an error "Your mobile device has encountered an unexpected error" (0xE800003A). I would like to find explanations for that error and I don't know where these error messages are listed.
Everything is green in the Xcode Organizer window, The Profile is verified on the iPod ...
One thing I'm not sure of is about the CF Bundle Identifier ? Is it the one in the info.plist file, or somwhere else ?

Thank you Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Most of these problems are due to:
a) digital certificates.
b) mismatch between iPhone firmware and XCode version.

Retrace your installation steps, and check both.
Did you try rebooting the device?
Fred9000 Wrote:Hi
One thing I'm not sure of is about the CF Bundle Identifier ? Is it the one in the info.plist file...

Yes.

The "Bundle Identifier" field in the Info.plist needs to match the app ID in the provisioning profile. The documentation says that Xcode automatically sets this to match. It lies.

So for instance, in my provisioning profile my app ID is "<random numbers/letters set automatically>.com.KillerRobots.*" (the * is a wildcard character. Wildcard app IDs tend to work better). In Xcode my Bundle Identifier is "com.KillerRobots.${PRODUCT_NAME:identifier}" (the ${PRODUCT_NAME} will automatically be replaced by the actual program name by Xcode).
it seems to be solved Smile
To answer you all :
I did restore the iPod and now Xcode use software version 5G77a as the iPod.
I reboot the device a few times.
Now probably, the main problem was I had the <random numbers/letters> also in the Xcode bundle identifier line, AND also the name of the game instead of ${PRODUCT_NAME:identifier}, AND also I didn't "Clean all targets" before each new try.

Maybe I should edit the title with [Solved] ? If it can help others...
Thank you
Now I've another question :
isn't it a simple way to replace an App once it is on the iPod ? Or do I have to delete it on the iPod each time I want to test it ?

Application already installed : replace ? Y/N Smile
Xcode writes over the app every time you run it in debug mode. Optionally, you can delete it from the device if you want to completely clear it, which will remove all the user defaults for it too, which can be handy at times. For distribution I always delete it from the device first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do I complete the identity verification? lightlab 12 4,206 Feb 5, 2009 10:33 AM
Last Post: lightlab