Long lost uDev entry..

Apprentice
Hi,

I used to be an active member of this board a long time ago, but due to lacking interest I stopped visiting this board sometime around 04-05. I can't even remember what my original user account was so now when I'm back in business I had to create a new one..

I'd like to revive one of my old projects "Kaeru" which was almost entered in uDev (2003?), but I'm afraid most (all? can't find a trace of this project on my drive..) of the source has been lost during the years. So my question is, does any of the old-timers remember this game? Have the binary or even better still have the source code? Even an old screen shot would make me happy Smile

Regards,

Johan Persson
Quote this message in a reply
Johan! Good to see you again!

I'll check my hard drive for any trace of Kaeru when I get home. I'm pretty sure I remember playing it, so hopefully I'll be able to find something...
Apprentice
Thanks, that sounds great!
Heh, I found a little "editor" I was trying to make for that game just a week or two ago.
Code:
kaeru level 1
level 1,testo
start: 1,0
goal: 0,11
number of whirlpools: 1
whirlpool 1,0,-5
number of lilies: 1
lily 1,0,-5

Sorry no sign of it on my drives though.

Welcome back, and now you know your original user name :-)
Apprentice
Sweet, It's starting to come back to me now.. pretty advanced map format Rolleyes

If I'm lucky I may have a few backup cds from my old powerbook somewhere, just need to figure out where. I'll keep you posted..

Thanks guys for the warm welcome as well Smile
You're in luck! I'm afraid I couldn't find the source code, but I do have a playable binary. I've posted it here: http://sacredsoftware.net/temp/Kaeru.zip
Apprentice
Thanks! That's great, I guess it needs a bit of work tough Smile Just need to find those sources..
Founder
Welcome Johan,

Why not set the same user name?
Smile

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apprentice
Hi Carlos,

If you'd like to change it I'd be happy Smile

(Anyways, going to Thailand for 2 weeks now so I wont be back in business just yet..)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Consider using libstem for your uDevGames entry! ThemsAllTook 2 5,145 Jul 1, 2011 02:10 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Help test out Chipmunk's auto-geometry stuff in your entry! Skorche 0 4,642 Jul 1, 2011 09:31 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  UDEV: Can I enter? aschearer 31 16,143 Mar 20, 2009 04:11 AM
Last Post: mattness
  Entry OK? pinguoren 8 5,651 Mar 4, 2009 03:51 PM
Last Post: pinguoren
  Question regarding udev games contest rule 8 mattness 29 11,701 Feb 25, 2009 04:27 PM
Last Post: SethWillits