Marketing via Admob

Just trying to get a general consensus of marketing game apps through Admob. Has it equated to a ROI for any developers here?

I just did it today and $50 lasted 21 minutes Rasp
I guess I'll know tomorrow if it equated into sales or not, right?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
Quote this message in a reply
Admob crashed Handshake so often we had to roll our own ad service. I would avoid at all cost. The Deck is about the only stable decent 3rd party solution right now.

Now from the other side of it I can't speak too much, but it should give you an idea of what kind of Apps will include Admob.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Apprentice
kodex Wrote:Admob crashed Handshake so often we had to roll our own ad service.

What did Admob say when you contacted them about the crashes? Were you able to determine the root cause?
bhammond Wrote:What did Admob say when you contacted them about the crashes? Were you able to determine the root cause?

Yea same thing that is crashing all the hobbiest programmers they are using Apple's sample code. The reachability class will crash your app if on an unreliable network. We sent them out patch for it after a couple of weeks they still hadn't implemented it so we bailed. Pinch media took longer to get our patch in place but not much you can do without stats.

I don't recall them ever replying to the email though, but one of my partners was the point of communication with them so I might not be the best person for that info =)

The app is question was Handshake I havent even wanted to try to ad support Trivial yet

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Nibbie
kodex Wrote:Yea same thing that is crashing all the hobbiest programmers they are using Apple's sample code. The reachability class will crash your app if on an unreliable network. We sent them out patch for it after a couple of weeks they still hadn't implemented it so we bailed. Pinch media took longer to get our patch in place but not much you can do without stats.

Hey Kyle, I'm the developer for Whack 'em All and am getting reports of crashes that I can't duplicate. We use PinchMedia, AdMob and code from reachability. Our PinchMedia stats show about 50 crashes for 20,000 sessions. Is this consistent with the crash rate you found for the above products? Would you be willing to share the general idea of your substitute to the reachability code (or the code)?

Thanks! Smile

James

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Marketing a free game chvid 10 1,001 Oct 14, 2014 10:54 AM
Last Post: chvid
  Sweepstakes for marketing! Anyone tried this? Bandit 1 3,349 May 25, 2011 05:40 PM
Last Post: Bandit
  Iphone Marketing - Kodex's article EndeavorBros 1 2,507 Sep 1, 2009 10:25 AM
Last Post: WeHeartGames