C --> Objective C

Apprentice
Hey guys

I'm really having trouble porting a project of mine to Objective C. It's very small, so no need to use OpenGL ES, I can use Quartz, but that may be too much as well. I don't need handouts, I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I come here because there are little to no game tutorials on the planet for iPhone.
  • Player is controlled by touch
  • the enemies are attracted to the player like magnets
  • One image is used to create multiple enemies, about 10 at a time
  • a line is drawn and then attached to the player and acts like a spring
  • that line is connected to a 'ball' that is used to hit the enemies
  • when hit, the enemies sort of, fly off the screen

Please help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I can list more specifics if needed.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
I'd just use OpenGL ES - even though you have few things on screen, it'd still be pushing the limits of Quartz and leave you no room to expand.

If you decide to use OpenGL ES, it's pretty easy to get started. Then you can use the Texture2D class (I have a copy if you can't find it on Apple's site) to draw your image - it'd be extremely easy. The rest could be done in C - you don't have to convert everything because Objective-C is a superset of C. (But if you want to convert it to familiarise yourself with Objective-C, this sounds like a good project to start on).

Another advantage to OpenGL ES is that many people here are very familiar with it and you'll get quick answers if you need help. So if you decide to go that route, feel free to ask for more info.
Quote this message in a reply