OpenAL install troubles

Ive been a long time graphics programmer, but ive been having a hell of a time getting started with OpenAL.

I tried adding -framework OpenAL to my makefile and it looks in /System/Frameworks/ and grabs OpenAL.

However this version seems to be different than everyone is seems to be using in tutorials and such ive only got these three header files available,

MacOSX_OALExtensions.h
al.h
alc.h

Can someone point me to the correct location for some demo or api so i can get started on this,

I tried installing some older stuff that has the alut.h files but nothing worked on the mac:-(

Ur help is greatly appreciated!!
Quote this message in a reply
I still haven't seen any tutorials on OpenAL for iPhone, so if you happen to find one, let us know!

I figured it out by looking at the SoundEngine class in CrashLanding. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have CrashLanding available anymore. You might still find it in the oolong engine though. Be forwarned: SoundEngine is a bit convoluted to pick apart at first.

Another way you might find an example of how to use OpenAL on iPhone, and perhaps easier, is Apple's oalTouch sample.
haha still have crashlanding...

Nice!!
Nibbie
The version of OpenAL in /System/Frameworks is NOT the correct version. If you move or rename the file, then XCode will find the correct version in the Developer SDKs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  aplication name (to install) imaumac 8 5,335 Jan 13, 2009 02:05 PM
Last Post: kodex
  slightly off topic - allegro and gstream install hellohenry 0 2,014 Mar 9, 2007 05:47 AM
Last Post: hellohenry
  Bit Depth troubles Jones 2 2,621 Aug 21, 2006 01:20 PM
Last Post: Jones
  Golden Oldie: Fullscreen troubles Fenris 4 3,356 Jul 27, 2006 02:42 PM
Last Post: Fenris
  Troubles compiling... InflamedSpirit 11 5,112 Jul 2, 2005 08:41 AM
Last Post: Malarkey