About testing on another iPod

Hi

my game demo is almost done.
I'm wondering how can I do to give the game designer the opportunity to see the demo on its own iPod ?
What file shall I mail him, and what shall he do to install on the iPod?
He's on PC but I suppose he can do with iTunes.
Also do I have to wait to have a certificate to produce an "install" version, even just for a simple test ?
Quote this message in a reply
For this you will need to use what is called "Ad Hoc" distribution. It is very tricky to learn how to do. If you have paid the $99 fee to Apple then you'll have access to their iPhone developer portal. Read that guide very carefully. Yes, basically you will need a distribution certificate, and get the device ID from the designer's iPhone/iPod Touch, then create a provisioning profile, then build the app for distribution with that provisioning profile, but you'll also need to add a file for entitlements. Also, a voodoo doll would be handy to have on-hand Wink

Once it's built with the proper ingredients, you will email the built app to him, along with the provisioning profile, and he can install it onto his device by dragging the two files onto iTunes on his computer.
AnotherJake Wrote:For this you will need to use what is called "Ad Hoc" distribution. It is very tricky to learn how to do. If you have paid the $99 fee to Apple then you'll have access to their iPhone developer portal. Read that guide very carefully. Yes, basically you will need a distribution certificate, and get the device ID from the designer's iPhone/iPod Touch, then create a provisioning profile, then build the app for distribution with that provisioning profile, but you'll also need to add a file for entitlements. Also, a voodoo doll would be handy to have on-hand Wink

Once it's built with the proper ingredients, you will email the built app to him, along with the provisioning profile, and he can install it onto his device by dragging the two files onto iTunes on his computer.

Tricky means difficult ?
I don't have paid the $99 for now, but I wolud like to pay ASAP Smile I'm waiting for a sign of life of France Support Team for 2 weeks now. My client can't see the demo and won't pay me. I'm hungry !! (Joking)
In the meantime I'm looking for the voodoo doll.
Hehe... I don't know if it's so much "difficult" as just purely frustrating. It took me an entire day to figure it out the first time. I thought I followed the instructions to the last detail and then discovered I missed an important tiny step in the process. And even then it didn't work. Much bad language ensued... Several hours later, after doing everything I could think, it just started working for no apparent reason. I still don't know what went wrong, but I took notes and retrace my same ritualistic process every time and it has worked *almost* every time since.
AnotherJake Wrote:Hehe... I don't know if it's so much "difficult" as just purely frustrating. It took me an entire day to figure it out the first time. I thought I followed the instructions to the last detail and then discovered I missed an important tiny step in the process.

Ok, I understand what tricky means now Smile
I hope the language will not add to the tricky side of the process. I hope there's a french translation of these instructions.
I will ask your help, if it takes more than an entire day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Testing incoming call robustness on an iPod touch. Madrayken 10 5,651 Jan 21, 2010 02:19 AM
Last Post: Madrayken
  testing on iphone vs testing on ipod touch frozen 1 3,588 Oct 8, 2008 04:03 AM
Last Post: monteboyd