XCode 3.0 deployment

I'm having a problem with the deployment of an application in XCode 3.0. I don't know how to do that more exactly. I selecte Release Mode and that's it. If i run the program from within XCode the keyboard and mouse function properly. If i run the .app from outside XCode the keyboard is not working and the mouse is moving only if the mouse button is pressed. How may i deploy an application using XCode 3.0?
Quote this message in a reply
The main difference (as far as I know) between running your application from the Finder and running it from Xcode is what the current working directory will be set to on startup. Are you relying on relative file paths anywhere in your application without first chdir()ing to the appropriate path?
I ran into issues like this a while ago when I was trying to run GUI apps (SDL or Qt) outside of application bundles. (I build from the command line with cmake, never use XCode). Stuff was oddly non-responsive.

It went away when I started bundling my apps properly. Is the bundle correctly set up?
ThemsAllTook Wrote:The main difference (as far as I know) between running your application from the Finder and running it from Xcode is what the current working directory will be set to on startup. Are you relying on relative file paths anywhere in your application without first chdir()ing to the appropriate path?

Well i do use relative paths but all my resources load properly so i don't know it there's a problem with relative paths.

mattz Wrote:I ran into issues like this a while ago when I was trying to run GUI apps (SDL or Qt) outside of application bundles. (I build from the command line with cmake, never use XCode). Stuff was oddly non-responsive.

It went away when I started bundling my apps properly. Is the bundle correctly set up?

I don't know how the bundle would be set up correctly, because i'm a beginner when it comes to XCode Rolleyes Is there an explanation somewhere about how to correctly set up the bundle?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Difference between Development and Deployment? ia3n_g 15 8,061 Aug 15, 2006 09:56 PM
Last Post: imikedaman