Override Incoming Phone Call Event with 3rd Party App

Nibbie
Hello All,

I have a newbie question: Is it possible to override the incoming phone call generated event or function? I mean is it possible to create a custom 'ring' effect, changing the ringtone and playing some kind of animation on screen? In case it is possible just give some hints where to start.
Any help or opinion is much appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
It is not possible to capture or detect this event with the current SDK.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
It is impossible to override a phone call event. I would encourage you to sign up for the free Apple iPhone SDK - it is expressly stated that the phone portion of the iPhone trumps all else Smile

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Nibbie
Thank you guys.
Sage
kodex Wrote:It is not possible to capture or detect this event with the current SDK.
So there is no way for my game to detect a call coming in to do any special caching or pausing?
Nick Wrote:So there is no way for my game to detect a call coming in to do any special caching or pausing?
Use the applicationWillResignActive and applicationDidBecomeActive delegates to pause/resume. Incoming calls fire those delegates as appropriate, but there's no way to distinguish a call from something like sleeping the device at that level.
Nick Wrote:So there is no way for my game to detect a call coming in to do any special caching or pausing?

Sorry for the confusion there. There is no way to detect an incoming phone call, however as Frank said you can detect the App becoming inactive.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Sage
Ah, most excellent. Thanks for the tip.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Game Finished Warlords: Call To Arms kendric 2 2,483 Apr 5, 2010 01:45 PM
Last Post: kendric
  Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL. Madrayken 2 3,183 Jan 21, 2010 08:10 AM
Last Post: Madrayken
  Testing incoming call robustness on an iPod touch. Madrayken 10 5,987 Jan 21, 2010 02:19 AM
Last Post: Madrayken
  Prevent 3rd party lib from messing up gl kendric 6 4,391 Sep 15, 2009 06:56 PM
Last Post: kendric
  Call for beta testers for FaceRace WeHeartGames 0 2,084 Aug 28, 2009 07:16 AM
Last Post: WeHeartGames