TomorrowPlusX's SimpleGameFramework

Nibbie
Hi,

Does anyone have a version of this framework that TomorrowPlusX demoed here that works on Leopard?

I had an older version of the code but I get aroun 10,000 odd errors trying to build it, and I've tried upgrading to the latest Boost libraries also.

Failing that, does anyone know of a similar framework again that builds on Leopard?

Thanks,

j
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
Huh, I didn't think anybody cared! I'll provide a link today to the newest build...
Nibbie
Wow! Thanks!

I've not done any game programming in about a year and half, but previously I had a reasonably good engine running on Win32. Since that time I've moved to Mac and gotten bitten by the GameDev bug and I want to start building a cross-platform base and your framework looked pretty sweet Grin

Thanks,

J
Yeah, it'd be nice to have that just to look at, and anything else you've done TomorrowPlusX :-)
Sage
I'm doing a tiny bit of cleanup, before I upload. I intend to upload when I get home tonight. A few notes on what's different from what I posted two (!) years ago:

1) Now uses DDHidLib for USB Joystick/Gamepad and general input. Corralled through what I feel is a truly elegant C++ API. It allows you to create abstract "actions" and attach different input types to them ( e.g., joystick and keyboard can map to one action without trouble ), and subscribe to these input actions elegantly using signal/slot APIs. No need for polling!

2) More refined image loading via SOIL. Supports DDS images too.

3) Better maths

4) Many, many bug fixes

5) GL UI still sucks. But it's fast and looks good...

That being said, it still requires boost, and while it works wonderfully on Leopard, on Intel, I don't have a Tiger machine or a PPC to test against. So, no idea if those will work.
Sage
Voila:

http://shamyl.zakariya.net/apps/SimpleGa...rk.tar.bz2

If you have boost installed into /usr/local/include/boost and /usr/local/lib, it should compile out of the box, once you've changed the references in the project for libboost_thread_xyz
Thanks for sharing! This sounds very interesting Smile

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Nibbie
Hmm I'm being dim here I'm sure but, how does one change the thread lib reference in XCode? I've had a look in the info and dont see anything mentioning it Sad
Sage
Open up the "Frameworks -< Linked Frameworks" folder in the Groups & Files panel. You'll see libboost_thread-xgcc40-mt-1_36. If you have any version of boost *other* than 1.36, you'll want to do a right click & "Get Info" on that entry, and click the "Choose" button on the upper right of the window. From there, you should pick your boost install's version of libboost_thread.

I just noticed that mine was pointing to a dylib, not a static lib. You'll want to pick the .a variant for static linking.
Nibbie
Now that's just showing off Wink

[Image: my.php?image=sgfappmodetestscreensnavc7.jpg]

Sweet, thanks!