Video recording app capable of recording opengl games smooothly?

I got the impression that video recording apps for mac are not as good as say Fraps to smoothly record games, is it so? What's my best bet?

So far i take a screenshot every frame (then bind them up with quicktime) but this doesn't work for sound.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Quote this message in a reply
If your current method works for the video you might consider wiretap or something for recording the audio at the same time. Other then that I can't really make a recommendation, not a ton of experience recording.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
⌘-R in Chief
The experimental version of Screenflick I have can record full screen 1680x1050 UT2k4 at 50 fps on my Mac Pro. I don't have a version of it you can use yet, though.
It would be enough to record a 640x480 game at 30fps, suggestions Seth?

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
DoG
Screenflick is fine, as you really don't need more than 15-20fps for a web clip, unless you want it to be huge-ish.
DoG Wrote:Screenflick is fine, as you really don't need more than 15-20fps for a web clip, unless you want it to be huge-ish.

Or want it not to look completely crap...
⌘-R in Chief
If you lower the resolution and record it at 640x480 in a window on a decently fast machine, Screenflick should do OK. It really depends on how crazy the content of the movie will be. Make sure you turn on "Optimize for: Speed" in Preferences and tick the slider up to around at least Level 2.
A pro version of Jing has just been released which is supposed to be able to capture full motion video. It has a yearly subscription fee. I haven't tried the pro version though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recording Mac screen Carlos Camacho 2 2,724 Sep 3, 2008 07:44 AM
Last Post: JustinFic
  Recording game play anthony 23 9,062 Jul 20, 2007 04:42 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX