iPhone direct camera access

Nibbie
Hello,
Can you guys help me - is it possible to have an access to iPhone camera image directly?
I found only this interface: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/librar...ion_4.html

Say, if I want to have camera out shown as texture for in game environment? Or for example for detecting faces like Sony camera does - i need to capture camera and some realtime processing. Is possible?
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
I've never looked at the camera interface, but from what I understand, you cannot.

That is the reason why there are no official video recording apps for the iPhone. Making one would mean you broke the agreement to only use public APIs.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
You can only access the camera through Apple's interface. You are unable to directly access the hardware.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Nibbie
From what I seen, there is so called "private frameworks" which indeed prohibits apple agreement but as I understand its possible for internal usage and than pitch to apple.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do I get access to files that are created in the simulator? Toontingy 2 2,699 Apr 27, 2010 03:24 PM
Last Post: Toontingy
  How to access EAGLView/UIView functions from C? Rasterman 10 5,885 Apr 8, 2010 10:47 AM
Last Post: Rasterman
  Direct screen surface access for iPhone Nosredna 15 7,141 Feb 15, 2009 10:35 AM
Last Post: Nosredna
  Direct Link to App Store? Nick 10 4,232 Jan 21, 2009 07:22 PM
Last Post: longjumper
  Can't access iPhone Dev Forums XxtraLarGe 3 2,595 Oct 29, 2008 02:47 AM
Last Post: XxtraLarGe