My Gift to You: New UIButton Skins

Sage
I don't know about you guys, but I hate the rounded rectangle button in the iPhone SDK. So I took some time the other day and whipped up a couple of new textures for my game and figured I'd give them out to anyone else who wants them. They're 29x46 so they work just like the custom button skin in the Apple samples (use the stretchedImageWithLeftCapWidth:topCapHeight: passing in 12 and 12 for each value to generate the final image for each button). I did a brief write up on it for anyone who cares to read it.

Anyway, enough blabbering, here are the two images:

[Image: custombuttonnormal.png][Image: custombuttonpressed.png]

Personally I'm a big fan of these over the default button skin as they match the rest of the UI elements like the slider, switch, and segmented control. Hopefully they find use with some of you as well.
Quote this message in a reply
Hey, thanks for sharing Nick! Yeah that default button is fu-gly. I have no idea why they went that direction.
Also if anyone is interested I made red/green ones for a project I did a while back. They clone out exactly like Mail App's delete button.

[Image: greenButton.png] [Image: redButton.png]

And an example of how they look filled out
[Image: example.JPG]

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Thanks for sharing everyone! It would be great to have more of these kinds of designs available...

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Skins Downloading Part ZokAst 1 2,285 Jun 15, 2012 11:49 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook