Framework Problem

Hello,

I am trying to play around with the CEGUI framework to try and make a GUI for my game. I add the framework to my project and try to run it and I get this error in the console

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Resources/CEGUI.framework/Resources/PCRE.framework/Versions/A/PCRE
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/CEGUI
  Reason: image not found

The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).

I have not added any additional code to my project, only this framework. How to I get past this error so I can use the framework?
Quote this message in a reply
silver9172 Wrote:Hello,

I am trying to play around with the CEGUI framework to try and make a GUI for my game. I add the framework to my project and try to run it and I get this error in the console

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Resources/CEGUI.framework/Resources/PCRE.framework/Versions/A/PCRE
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/CEGUI.framework/Versions/A/CEGUI
  Reason: image not found

The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).

I have not added any additional code to my project, only this framework. How to I get past this error so I can use the framework?

I had this issue a short while ago and the answer is reasonably simple: where are you adding the framework from? You can add frameworks into the project from anywhere as long as you can navigate to them. HOWEVER, when linking, Xcode ONLY looks in very specific places for your frameworks. With this in mind you have a few options to solve your problem:

1. Relocate you desired framework to either /System/Library/Frameworks (if you have root access) OR to /Library/Frameworks

2. Reconfigure your project build settings to look for linked frameworks in another place (probably the folder that contains your new framework).

I would suggest number 1, it tends to be easier. Hope that helps, and let me know if that doesn't solve the problem. Good luck.

Mac users swear by their computers, PC users swear at their computers. ~Unknown

iSayz
I have the framework in /library/Frameworks. I tried to put it in /System/Library/Frameworks and I get the same error. My SDL framework and OpenGL framework are located in the same and I have no problems with them. Is there something else I am doing wrong?
I have been trying to see if I can bypass this error for the last few days and I can't seem to. I did notice that when I look in my app bundle there is only one framework there, just SDL.framework. Is there a way to get xcode to put all of my frameworks in there and would that solve my problem?
silver9172 Wrote:I have been trying to see if I can bypass this error for the last few days and I can't seem to. I did notice that when I look in my app bundle there is only one framework there, just SDL.framework. Is there a way to get xcode to put all of my frameworks in there and would that solve my problem?

Yes, if you have the code to the frameworks so you can compile an embeddable version.

http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?MoreOnE...Frameworks
http://developer.apple.com/documentation...0-BAJJBIEF
http://rentzsch.com/cocoa/embeddedFrameworks
http://cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000042.php

etc...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Problem with my own .framework? fungos 8 3,916 Mar 25, 2010 11:44 AM
Last Post: fungos
  Framework and bundle problem pointer 2 2,769 Dec 8, 2006 04:29 AM
Last Post: MacFiend
  CPlusTest Problem With Framework in App Bundle kingofsquirrels 2 3,535 Jul 19, 2005 03:55 AM
Last Post: kingofsquirrels