System requirements for Audio Programming

Nibbie
I am a total rookie in the world of audio programming. I have been a developer for a few years and then became a tester. I have worked in image processing using MATLAB and then in C/C++ to develop a fingerprint recognition system a few years ago. But, since a year I have delved into sound engineering and music production. I want to merge this with my programming knowledge and want to get into audio programming. I am aware of basic signal processing concepts which I used during my image processing days. I have come across a few audio people who religiously hate PCs. Does the audio world strongly believe in MAC? I am thinking of investing in a MAC notebook to start audio programming. Is it the right approach? If so, can anybody suggest the system requirements of a MAC notebook for some solid audio programming where there will be quite a bit of floating point computations and usage of solid graphics? I might also do some BETA testing on specific audio applications. Any thoughts and ideas will be sincerely appreciated.

Cheers...
Quote this message in a reply
With this sort of task, you'll generally be able to use as much computing power as you can throw at it. That said, without knowing any more specifics, any current-generation Mac will probably be adequate.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Core Audio mutlichannel audio tachyon 2 6,126 Mar 18, 2005 01:04 AM
Last Post: tachyon