simple question

Not really developer questions. But I had to ask. Smile

When I plug my iPhone in, iPhoto always launches. How can iprevent iPhoto from launching. I want iTunes to launch instead. I suppose the Mac thinks its a camera ... a contradiction of what to launch.

Also, when I unplug my iPhone from usb it wakes my computer from sleep -- seems annoying. And does the phone charge when the computer is sleeping? A charge can take a while and often the mac goes to sleep.
Quote this message in a reply
Not sure about the first issue, but:

macnib Wrote:Also, when I unplug my iPhone from usb it wakes my computer from sleep -- seems annoying.

This is actually true for any USB device. Recent versions of Mac OS X seem to sometimes go back to sleep after waking up briefly when you plug/unplug a USB device, but it's much safer to only connect/disconnect USB devices while the Mac is awake.

macnib Wrote:And does the phone charge when the computer is sleeping? A charge can take a while and often the mac goes to sleep.

Yes, it continues charging during sleep as of Mac OS X 10.5. On 10.4, it didn't.
About the first use. Make sure the album "Saved Photos" on your iPhone is empty.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
I think you can make it stop launching iPhoto in the preferences of the Image Capture application.
Changing the Image Capture preference setting appeared to fix it. Though, now when I launch iPhoto its asking me everytime about connecting to digital cameras on start up. Knowing the setting is in the Image Capture application was not too intuitive. Though, I tend to use the iPhone camera less than recharging or syncing via iTunes. Seems like there is some contention between iTunes and iPhoto. I'll punt for now.

Thanks again for the tips.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newbie question: simple Sesame Street-like app redbaron 2 3,038 Apr 25, 2010 12:42 PM
Last Post: redbaron
  "Simple" OpenGLES (2D) efficiency question .. for OpenGLES experts! fattoh 19 9,747 Apr 14, 2010 06:00 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  Simple 3D Game Engine(well not that simple) geoface 9 9,002 Apr 14, 2010 04:08 AM
Last Post: sio2interactive