Go!

It's been 11 minutes or so. Hope your entries are coming along well. Smile

Cheers,
-Jon
Quote this message in a reply
Huzzah! I'm in.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Hm, plugging in the idg front page would be a good idea...

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Yeah, I sort of figured Carlos had something prepared he was going to post. As he's made very clear this is all his metaphorical baby so I won't be stepping on his toes. Smile

We live by the Carlos, we die by the Carlos.

Cheers,
-Jon
A front page announcement is coming soon. Carlos is hard at work on the uDevGames site and will post it when ready.
Founder
iDevGames is proud to announce the start of the fifth uDevGames Mac Game Development Contest! The contest challenges participants to create a Mac OS X game in three months time, which will then be subjected to public vote and peer vote, with the best in a variety of categories receiving prizes provided by our generous sponsors. Please visit the official uDevGames website to read more about this year’s contest, the official rules and schedule, as well as to register.

Let's try to get on digg. Use this link:
http://www.idevgames.com/news/official-s...games-2008

And click on the ShareThis button.

Also, I have various things to tie-up with sponsors, and lack time to hit all the news sites. Could people submit news to various Mac, game, and dev sites for me? Please state which ones you hit here so we don't hit the same sites.

Regards,

Carlos Camacho
Editor-in-Chief
iDevGames

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Might want to keep in mind that I think digg seeing the referrer coming from the same site is factored negatively into their popularity algorithm.
Founder
I posted to deviantart to get you all some good artists. Please keep posting news about uDevGames to 2D, 3D and audio websites.

http://news.deviantart.com/article/63988/

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder
I posted uDevGames news to OpenGL. Hopefully we can get some attention there. Yesterday I posted to MacGameDev Apple list and just now, PyGame list. RealSoftware will cover their mailing list. I tried on BltizBasics' forum, but you need to be a registered user of their product! If that sounds like you, PLEASE let me know.

I posted to GameDev.net so I hope it will show up on that site. If you see it, let me know. Let's see... oh yes, also DevMaster's as well.

I am VERY keen to reaching out to European sites. Especially French, Italian, German, and Spanish sites. If you live in Europe, please visit your favorite sites, and submit news on uDevGames.

I have also started to add the images that the sponsors are sending in with their media kits. (Time consuming but it makes sponsors very very happy) With Silo, we got not four licenses today. Please do check out this 3D app, it looks very nice. Ditto for mido.

I am attempting to gain PTK Engine as a prize. Freeverse just signed up... nice prize as always.
Smile Also contacted APress about books today. Which reminds me, IK Multimedia owe us a prize.

Interesting sponsor today:
Quote:About: We are Nitrozac and Snaggy, who create the Joy of Tech comic and run GeekCulture.com, a technology humor and entertainment site, with an active message board community.
Prize(s): A top prize of being immortalized in a Joy of Tech comic. (either the actual developers and/or their game.)

plus additional prizes of propeller beanies! :-)
I don't read that comic, but I have heard of it. Is that interesting for you all? Grin

I was approached by another potential sponsor that would offer a publishing deal. I am wondering how much detail should I request on the 'deal.' How specific? I'm interested in this sort of prize because it can be a good leg up for many of you lone-wolves.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apprentice
I used to read JoT almost religiously, good comic. I'd love the prize, they do a good job, they're good artists, and the comic usually has some pretty cool small significant aspect...

The Lord of the Root is an example of a custom comic for a website member: http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joy...s/419.html
Founder
And we have our first official entry:
http://www.udevgames.com/games/entry/gw0rp/

And even a developer diary started
Smile

This going to get interesting...
Grin

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
if it isn't there already, try to get on http://www.tuaw.com
Founder
We might be getting a bunch of books from Apress. They ask, "Do your devs prefer physical books or eBooks?"

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
eBooks are the most efficient, cost effective, and 'green' means of distribution.
Oh and I'm assuming here, but I guess they can be read on an iPod Touch or iPhone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  uDevGames 2008 Winners igame3d 25 14,330 Mar 18, 2009 02:39 PM
Last Post: skwirl42
  uDevGames 2008 size limit ThemsAllTook 12 6,359 Dec 6, 2008 07:43 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  uDevGames 2008 Carlos Camacho 153 56,461 Nov 27, 2008 08:17 PM
Last Post: stevejohnson
  Tutorial Contest - May 23, 2008 stevejohnson 18 10,191 Jun 21, 2008 05:55 AM
Last Post: FlamingHairball