OpenGL full screen mode leaves garbage on screen when exiting app

Okay, so I have a bug that perplexes me and I hope I'm going to explain it correctly. I have an application that's running in a full screen OpenGL context that leaves behind garbage on the screen when it exits on one of my test machines, a G4 using an ATI card (my other G4's don't exhibit this problem and are running nVidia cards). The "garbage" appears to be random data written to video memory and is "fixed" if I move windows around like an eraser. Has anyone ever encountered this before? It's not a show-stopping bug but it is something I'd like to fix.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
Quote this message in a reply
That sounds like a driver bug.
Luminary
Did you capture the displays?
Throw a clear call in your destructor?
@AnotherJake: Yeah, that's what we were thinking around here too. Doing a search for G4 ATI driver update didn't turn up anything useful, though.

@OSC: Displays are captured before doing anything with the display mode setting.

Well, after poking around a bit more, I found that if I call clearDrawable and clear the current OpenGL context before I set the display mode back to its original state when exiting that it stops the problem from occurring on the test machine I was using.

The brains and fingers behind Malarkey Software (plus caretaker of the world's two brattiest felines).
bmantzey Wrote:Throw a clear call in your destructor?

Haha, yup, that turned out to be the trick Blink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL Perspective Screen to Obj Coordinates Mapping Question WhatMeWorry 5 8,721 Feb 17, 2011 05:40 PM
Last Post: Holmes
  OpenGL view first frame flickers garbage mk12 8 6,564 Sep 4, 2010 06:06 PM
Last Post: mk12
  switching screen resolution NelsonMandella 3 3,338 Apr 25, 2010 01:33 PM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Full Screen OpenGL Crashes Blacktiger 13 7,522 Feb 19, 2009 02:39 PM
Last Post: backslash
  Screen-space techniques mattz 4 4,076 Nov 6, 2008 08:55 PM
Last Post: Bachus