Missing Richard Hernandez

Founder
I have to say I miss Richard Hernandez. Cry

Richard worked at Apple as Games Segment Manager and was instrumental in getting ADC support for uDG 2002, 2003, and 2004. He got us prizes and invited us to MacWorld to display our winners. I found coverage of uDevGames on their game's page to also be great while he was there. He also helped to bring Mac game devs together at shows. Guess where he is now?

I've contacted the new Games Segment Manager in the past; not a single reply. Most recently, I contacted him concerning uDevGames. Not a single reply. He must be busy counting how many games are being released for the iPhone to care about the Mac market.

Mac-Game-Dev list seems dead (is it dead?), Mac OS X arcade at MacWorld is gone, seemed like there were more 'articles' on Apple.com concerning gaming then the bland AAA product highlights/lists I see now (Though Brad Cook still does a fine job.)

Anyhow, if there are any 'lurkers' with some pull, it would be great to get another Richard Hernandez back into that position. Someone who might consider helping us out as uDevGames 2008 approaches.

Speaking of ADC, they use to have a very visible link/form for submitting news to the ADC newsletter. They seem to have buried it. Or did they just do away with the newsletter?

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Yeah I miss Rich as well.

But I think he's in a better place now for him, at least he doesn't have to worry about Steve walking in the office and firing him. In my discussions with him, Apple was not a very 'comfortable' place to work, even though he loved the Mac.

Maybe if uDevgames was strictly iPhone Apple might be more interested since they will see a direct cut from sales that they won't be seeing from Mac only based products.
Founder
Quote:Maybe if uDevgames was strictly iPhone Apple might be more interested since they will see a direct cut from sales that they won't be seeing from Mac only based products.
We can add that in uDG 09
Sneaky

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Missing posts Carlos Camacho 5 4,317 Jun 25, 2010 07:43 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  Missing New Posts BeyondCloister 3 3,495 Aug 4, 2009 10:53 AM
Last Post: backslash