Subversion through Router

I have my old G5 set up to host as a subversion server. I disconnected my router and plugged the tower directly into the modem and was able to get it working. The next task is to access the computer through my LAN so that I can check out files as well as other people working on this project. My computer is named "G5", so for the host I tried "G5.local" with "svn+ssh" as the scheme, the correct path, and a valid login. I get the error: "Error: 210002 (Network connection closed unexpectedly) Description: Connection closed unexpectedly." How helpful.

To allow others to get through my router, I'm using dyndns.com to direct a named URL to my router, which will then forward all incoming port 2222 to port 22 (ssh) at the IP given to my G5 by the router. The router is actually a Time Capsule.

Anybody have any advice on this? I tried Google but something this specific is tough to find help with. Thanks in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
I got it to work. What I had to do is configure my router to route incoming port 80 to port 22 of the server machine. In order for me to access my server, I have to use the dyndns. It seems pretty silly that I can't access the computer that's sitting right there at my feet. Any ideas as to how I might be able to directly access it? I tried afp and G5.local, not sure what else to do.
Sorry to reply to myself yet again but FYI an update. I performed a traceroute on my host and it seems that there's something smart enough, whether it's the software or the router or what it is but even using the dyndns URL, I'm not even leaving my LAN, it connects directly to my router, which forwards to the server. Cool stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Subversion bmantzey 1 2,105 Nov 11, 2008 04:26 PM
Last Post: kodex