iPhone testing tools

Do any of the "instruments" included with Xcode work for iPhone testing? I tried using a few of them and it can only attach to the iPhone simulator. From what I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any such instruments for iPhone development but maybe someone can shed some light on this. Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
Huh? That's weird. Instruments works great on the actual device.
Well, I'll admit I've never used the Instruments. Do I have to install Instruments on the phone and then attach the process to Instruments like that?

I see how it might work in OS X but not sure about iPhone.
It's all set up for you already. Just use Instruments on iPhone like you would on OS X.
I've had Instruments work on the actual device with Firmware 2.0, but with 2.1 and 2.2 I've lost the ability to attach Instruments to a process on the actual device. I've even restored the iPhone from backup, but that didn't help. Anyone have any ideas?
The topic of this thread is fairly generic... does anyone know of automated test environments for iPhone software, either running in the sim or on hardware?

I would like to set up a bunch of taps to replay so I can give an automated basic test of my app after each build to find out if I broke anything, but I do not know of anything right now...

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
I ended up discovering the solution on another forum. Remove the iPhone from the XCode Organiser, then disconnect the device and reconnect it. Make sure that XCode is the front most application when you reconnect the phone. It will ask you whether to use this device for development. After that, all the instruments work again.
Instruments seems very powerful but I haven't found the practicality of it yet. I probably just don't know how to read it. Does anyone know of a really helpful tutorial?
bmantzey Wrote:Instruments seems very powerful but I haven't found the practicality of it yet. I probably just don't know how to read it. Does anyone know of a really helpful tutorial?

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/librar...52-CH6-SW1
I followed the above step but it still launches the app in the simulator when i choose launch executable. Anyone have any other ideas on this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Testing Legit Game on Jailbroken iPhone superdoctor 13 10,248 Dec 17, 2010 12:53 AM
Last Post: superdoctor
  What is the best iPhone for testing? captainfreedom 5 3,323 May 6, 2010 08:14 AM
Last Post: Frogblast
  testing on iphone vs testing on ipod touch frozen 1 3,700 Oct 8, 2008 04:03 AM
Last Post: monteboyd
  Testing on a real iPhone JonnyThunder 5 3,668 Aug 10, 2008 11:39 AM
Last Post: JonnyThunder