Coding A Card Game

Apprentice
I am almost done with my kids iPhone app and want to add one more gameplay mode to it. I want to add memory concentration or card matching; where there are something like 12 cards on the screen and each one will flip over separately to reveal an image and therefore match to another card. I have not done anything towards this yet other than importing the images I want to use. I have a few ideas on how to go about it, but was wondering what suggestions anyone has for me who has programmed something similar to this. Any code examples are much appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
This is just a suggestion but there is a free, open source iPhone game engine called Cocos2d (http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/)

If you look at some of the samples they have some cool transitions which could be neat in a card game.
I am going to be using cocos2d for a card game implementation - seems like a really easy, great way to develop a simple 2D game!

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
However, won't cocos2d not work with the new multi-tasking? I thought only the support languages (javascript, objective-c, etc.) worked...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Advice on coding of On-Screen Controls ( Joystick and multiple buttons) Elphaba 5 3,269 Aug 10, 2009 11:02 PM
Last Post: Elphaba
  Coding efficiently (pygame) perks 10 4,414 Sep 11, 2007 08:09 AM
Last Post: Blacktiger
  Coding a Tic Tac Toe game in C dongski19 5 7,072 Aug 21, 2006 01:17 PM
Last Post: Jones
  Coding Styles and Speed aqua_scummm 7 4,274 Oct 27, 2005 02:47 PM
Last Post: aqua_scummm
  Object Oriented Card Game ryansobol 21 9,892 Nov 17, 2004 06:18 PM
Last Post: Steven