Chipmunk Mini-Contest

⌘-R in Chief
Quote:Dirt Bike is fantastic!

Thanks. Smile

Quote:FreakSW, I'm interested in helping to work on Dirt Bike if you plan to develop it further. This game has major potential that the ancient version never reached.

That's what I think. My outlook on game development is kinda grim though. I don't have all of the resources to do games how I'd like them to be done, so I never do much more than these mini contests. Cry App programming pays bills, game development is just a distraction. Wink

I'd love to see it be multiplayer, have a computer AI, support multiple laps, time trials with ghosts, fully customizable bikes, an integrated track editor, maybe even go a little mario kart-ish and have pickups and special items etc...

I could only dream of things things like a complete bike, and an actual rider!! Rolleyes

After I finished the game for the contest, I was actually a bit bummed that I couldn't submit it to uDG Sad .... if we have one.... Ninja

Anyway.... not sure what I'm really going to do with it yet. Check back with me later. Smile

Edit: wow... that's a lot of squarlies Grin
Quote this message in a reply
FreakSoftware Wrote:App programming pays bills, game development is just a distraction. Wink

Thats really quite interesting because for me it is the complete opposite. Understandable given our released products I guess Smile

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
⌘-R in Chief
I'd certainly love the opportunity to add a game to my product lineup (maybe not through Araelium...), and I can potentially see Dirt Bike being there. We'll see. Right now I have to ship this app I'm working on and then work on a rewrite of Screenflick.

</thread hijack>
Sage
Apparently I should have made Byte Racer into more of a game with how much love Dirt Bike seems to be getting. Rasp

Seth, you should send me your contact information. (slembcke - gmail)

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
DoG
FreakSoftware Wrote:I'd love to see it be multiplayer, have a computer AI, support multiple laps, time trials with ghosts, fully customizable bikes, an integrated track editor, maybe even go a little mario kart-ish and have pickups and special items etc...

... and SPIKE PITS!
Haha. I wrote a dirt bike game virtually identical (except with more artsy stuff to polish it) to Dirk Bike so I could test some of Chipmunk's capabilities... Guess I should have released it! LOL

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Congrats everyone Smile

Thanks for the contest motivation OSC and Skorche (and thanks for the awesome physics library too)
I'd have to say I like UmPeg the best.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
http://kortham.net/temp/ForkliftGameOct28.app.zip

Here's my game, finally... with some progress. There are two levels.

Arrow keys to move and slide the forklift up and down. Space bar jumps. If you hold left shift while moving, you won't turn around, so you can sort of pull things out of a corner.

I have tweaked some of the physics stuff around from earlier builds I posted in IRC. However, I think there are some friction values not quite where I want them.. Some things tend to stick when they should slide.. maybe I need to up the force of the fork... Sometimes things tend to slide off the fork itself as well.

I might keep poking around with it. I've been using it as a demo app to tell us what works and what doesn't work for our game framework.
powermacx, I fixed the bug you found.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mini fun Contest EvolPenguin 2 5,248 Nov 14, 2010 11:10 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  WebGL Mini-Contest OneSadCookie 26 21,237 Dec 14, 2009 11:40 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Mini-contest: Time &amp; Space Manipulation OneSadCookie 18 15,086 Nov 8, 2009 02:38 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  21 Day Mini Contest FlamingHairball 2 6,834 Aug 1, 2009 03:03 PM
Last Post: FlamingHairball
  Mini Contest Ideas FlamingHairball 34 22,118 Aug 1, 2009 07:51 AM
Last Post: Oddity007