Differences between Full and Lite version

Hi all!

Do you know any link where I can read about what I can and I cann't do in a Lite version?
For instance, can I add a button in my Lite version with this text: "Buy Full Version" ? Or is that forbidden? I would appreciate some link about these questions.

Can I in my lite version use my full version but after 10000 points (or whatever) show a game over screen asking you buy full version? Will Apple reject that?

Thanks in advance Wink
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
There are no official rules for Lite version. And you can add a Buy Full Version button. One thing you should not do, is put content into the Lite version, but make it inaccessible: for example gray out and make inactive buttons for levels. Basically, if you give an impression that there should be something, that there's not, Apple will reject it. But you can add a screen with a description of the full version features, and make a button "Buy Full Version". Here is a real life example: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4361/buynowb.png Good luck with sales! :-)
Smilediver Wrote:There are no official rules for Lite version. And you can add a Buy Full Version button. One thing you should not do, is put content into the Lite version, but make it inaccessible: for example gray out and make inactive buttons for levels. Basically, if you give an impression that there should be something, that there's not, Apple will reject it. But you can add a screen with a description of the full version features, and make a button "Buy Full Version". Here is a real life example: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4361/buynowb.png Good luck with sales! :-)

Thanks for reply!
I will use "Buy Full Version".
By the way, do you think I can use my full version as a lite version but limiting score to 10000 (or whatever) and then show a game over screen telling that if want to play more points you have to buy full version?

I'm not sure about that.
We have a link that says "Get more levels!" that links from our lite version to our full version. Apple seems okay with that. I know one of the main things Apple frowns upon is calling your lite version a "demo". Other than that, Smilediver hit on the other key points.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
Apprentice
riruilo Wrote:By the way, do you think I can use my full version as a lite version but limiting score to 10000 (or whatever) and then show a game over screen telling that if want to play more points you have to buy full version?

I'm not sure about that.
I'm not sure either. Well, the approval process is fast now (2-3 days), so you can just try and submit. If it gets rejected, then just fix it. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL Differences between iPhone Sim and Real iPhone SparkyNZ 5 6,294 Apr 13, 2011 11:40 AM
Last Post: SparkyNZ
  full version/light version NelsonMandella 11 6,044 Sep 18, 2009 02:25 AM
Last Post: NelsonMandella
  Anyone made a lite version? kendric 3 3,824 Aug 20, 2009 10:59 AM
Last Post: CyberGreg
  huge size difference in adhoc vs dist and lite vs full kendric 1 2,161 Aug 13, 2009 04:02 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  iPhoneOS vs iPhone Simulator Framework Differences Bachus 0 2,702 Oct 31, 2008 10:54 PM
Last Post: Bachus