Stupid Question: How do you get the app to the iPhone?

So yea, stupid question. After you've got an app running on the simulator just fine and dandy, how do you get it onto a real iPhone to test it out?
Quote this message in a reply
You need to sign up for the $100-per-year developer program. They'll give you all the details once you're approved.
Bleh, they should at least let you test it on your own phone for free. Sad
How long does it take to get accepted once you apply? Do you have to pay the $99 dollars before you get accepted?

I understand what they are trying to do by making a barrier to entry, but damn.
mdonahoe Wrote:How long does it take to get accepted once you apply?

I've heard wildly varying reports from other forum members, but it took less than an hour for me. Some people were waiting for several weeks, although that was before 2.0 firmware was out, so they might just not have opened the floodgates all the way by then.

mdonahoe Wrote:Do you have to pay the $99 dollars before you get accepted?

Yes. You can get the SDK and run apps in the simulator for free, but to get them on an actual device or in the app store, you need a paid membership.
To get your app in the AppStore depends on a 2 things:

- if you haven't setup your contract details (like tax and bank info) it can take up to a month to get accepted
- if all you need to do is upload your app to the store then it can vary aswell, for me it took 1 week exactly, but some are still waiting (even after 3 weeks)

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Sorry, I meant to get accepted to the developer program.

I applied last week, but I haven't paid yet. Do I have to pay before they will accept me to the program?

I can't even get back to the payment screen. When I try to apply again using my Apple Id, it says "Thank you for your enrollment, we are processing it" or something like that.

I am going to try again by creating a new account.
There are still reports of it taking 45 days or more to get accepted. You will be prompted for payment once you are accepted.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Creating a new Apple Id and paying the $99 did the trick. I got accepted into the program an hour later.
make sure you go to itunesconnect.apple.com and get that stuff rolling because it can get held up as well

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FBConnect on iPhone question... Jamie W 0 2,674 Aug 23, 2010 01:14 PM
Last Post: Jamie W
  stupid question about IB - background image aerospaceman 2 3,344 Apr 29, 2010 07:17 PM
Last Post: aerospaceman
  iphone beginner question robot 2 3,015 Jun 22, 2009 06:45 AM
Last Post: kendric
  A question for UK iPhone developers registered as a company and IRS BeyondCloister 3 3,501 May 28, 2009 09:03 AM
Last Post: warmi
  What is up you stupid pointer? negative1rooted 9 3,912 Apr 7, 2009 03:35 PM
Last Post: kodex