i have a gud idea!!!!

Hairball183 Wrote:I will now be selling the ID of the troll - contact me if interested. Rasp

Hehe... That's like scalping tickets for a free show!

The real XXxxDarkDragonxxXX is near and should be evident to anyone with a keen eye. The true identity will be revealed soon if no one (besides mods of course) can figure it out.
Quote this message in a reply
Alright, I'll come clean. I placed a few hints here and there, some of you certainly picked them up Wink
The thing made more impact than I expected, it was just a silly joke Rasp

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Najdorf Wrote:Alright, I'll come clean. I placed a few hints here and there, some of you certainly picked them up Wink
The thing made more impact than I expected, it was just a silly joke Rasp

Yeah, April Fools would have been more appropriate. LOL

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Nope. Sorry, nice try Najdorf, you double-twisted prankster. Wink

Okay, nobody has called it yet, so here's a hint:

The real XXxxDarkDragonxxXX posted within the last few days, and that post is the giveaway (although somewhat cleverly disguised).
Heh Jake at this point everyone knows you're a triple-turning-trickster, no need to mount this whole show Wink

Hahaha! .... nope. It's not me.

Hint 2: The real XXxxDarkDragonxxXX hasn't posted in this thread as anybody but XXxxDarkDragonxxXX.
Yeah, the comedic effect this post has had on the iDG forum could only be described as electric.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Hairball183 Wrote:Yeah, the comedic effect this post has had on the iDG forum could only be described as electric.

Aaaaaah...

Nope.

Hairball183 Wrote:Yeah, the comedic effect this post has had on the iDG forum could only be described as electric.

That was good one! I didn't get it at first. LOL
Alright, hint 4 (and I'm guessing this should do it):

You can do an advanced search of the forums for any posts within the last week which contain the term "game". That page should contain the thread which reveals the true identity of XXxxDarkDragonxxXX. Ninja

P.S. Hint 5 is that hint 3 was already given.
Hint number 6:

Note that this hint is actually the answer, and it is encrypted. If you recognize the encryption, which I am certain someone around here will recognize, feel free to post the link to a decoding site. Otherwise I guess I'll post the link to decrypt it tomorrow so it doesn't spoil it outright if someone wants to take a crack at figuring out the true identity themselves. There's obviously a perfect hint about the encryption directly in the message.

Ibygr vf gur erny KKkkQnexQentbakkKK
AnotherJake Wrote:Hint number 6:

Note that this hint is actually the answer, and it is encrypted. If you recognize the encryption, which I am certain someone around here will recognize, feel free to post the link to a decoding site. Otherwise I guess I'll post the link to decrypt it tomorrow so it doesn't spoil it outright if someone wants to take a crack at figuring out the true identity themselves. There's obviously a perfect hint about the encryption directly in the message.

Ibygr vf gur erny KKkkQnexQentbakkKK

A simple character replacement scheme, that is not good encryption, although I am still trying to figure out what it was based off of.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
It's terrible encryption, but it's pretty popular for situations like this where folks don't want to easily give away the spoilers.

Alright, since decoding it is that obvious (which it is to folks around here) I'll move it up then. Here's the magic decoder ring for those who want to know without going through the hassle of counting/replacing characters manually.

[edit] I should mention that a funny irony of how I first learned about the encryption was originally from this thread, back when diordna first mentioned Poe's law. I had never heard of Poe's law so I googled it and landed on some wiki site which linked to it to decode the answer to a little quiz about which sites were parodies or not. How ironic that my first use of it wound up being in this very thread!
Hah, I knew it was FreakSoftware! Well done!

Najdorf Wrote:Hah, I knew it was FreakSoftware! Well done!
Thank you sir! I knew you'd find out it was me eventually!

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff