Ouch, there goes my knee

Founder
Last weekend I was playing soccer on my coed team. A thug from the other team thought he was playing in front of 60,000 and at the World Cup and tackled me from the side. His entire weight comes down on my knee as it crashes to the earth in a twisted wreck.
Mad:
then
Wacko:
My MRI is in a day, but the doctor indicated my MCL is ripped and most likely ACL. He said, "Like the New England Patriots' QB." LOL

I was on crutches for 3 days (first time in my life) and now have a large leg wrap.

The doctor hopes to wait a month and allow the MCL to heal before "going in."

About 6 years ago my leg feel into a hole on the soccer pitch and I had a small tear in my MCL. It never healed 100% and bothers me from time to time. Still, I could continue playing. But this new injury is such a larger problem.. I wonder if I will ever play again. I'm absolutely crushed. I suppose I could continue to ref and coach, but each week I live for playing. Cry

My wife says to put it aside as I am 39. She said, "Stick to your other hobby, do more with iDevGames." Wink

Anyhow, I can't find any position that is comfortable. I know we should ice and elevate injuries right after they happen. But how about a week later? Continue?

Well, time for some strong pain killers. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Ow Sad

Well, enforced resting time to work on uDG '08, right Wink
That's bad news. Sad

ACL/MCL injuries are always bad news. It's hard to imagine that it'd be wise to continue abusing them.
Apprentice
How bizarre. I'm going in for an arthroscopy in 2 days time though my ailment doesn't sound as bad as yours, I have some cracked cartilage leaking fluid into the bone and taking the strength out my leg. Doc reckons I'll be jogging in 3-4 weeks and back at Kung fu in 2 months. Like your soccer though, I live for my jackie chan activities and refuse to accept its time to hang up my pyjamas just yet (age 37).

My Kung fu master twisted his knee very similar to you 2 years ago playing 5-a-side and had a big knee reconstruction job done. I'd say after about 18 months he was back to full fitness and can now do everything he could do before the accident.

Good luck with the op. I'm sure it will make a big improvement and will possibly help the years old injury as well.
Yeah is a knee reconstruction a possibility Carlos? A friend of mine needed one in his 20s after a childhood of sports but after the recovery (which was quite long) he was back to his best.
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the knee injury. Sad

Hope you get better soon and back on track with the soccer.
Sorry to hear about that Carlos, I'm glad to hear that you're still playing soccer though (I hope you still play after this heals). Anytime I hear "_CL injury" I cringe, I've never experienced one before but I know several people who have
Ah man, that sucks! Sad

Oddly enough, I have a friend who went through an almost identical situation recently -- during a soccer game in the spring, some idiot crashed into his knee, which tore his ACL and forced him to go in for knee surgery in July. He's pretty much back to normal now, although his knee's still a bit delicate and he still has to do a bit of physical therapy from time to time.

Well, I hope your knee recovers quickly. And I do hope you can get back on the soccer field sometime in the near future.

Since when was "Fred" a placeholder variable?
Sorry to hear that, good luck.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
Sad

Hope you get better soon man Smile

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
That's terrible! I hope you health well enough.

As they always say, "for every low there is a high and for every high there is a low." So maybe you're high (yes, bad wording.. I know) will be uDevGames 08! Grin
It could also point you towards a career in management. I know of a certain team here that's in need of a new manager, once we've got rid of the current owner of course.
Yowch. Heal soon!

Did the guy get carded?
Apprentice
Well my ops over. 6 hours sitting around, 5 seconds of wtf the rooms went all double then I woke with a huuuge bandage on my leg. Oddly enough the pain is much the same as I've had the last 12 months walking around on it. I expect it'll be a bit tender tomorrow but I'm really pleased. Like I said, this was an arthoscopy, an internal keyhole type thing where they go in and snip away cartilage to make it all nice and smooth again. No ligament trouble. I was real nervous all week waiting on it but now I've had it I really wonder why I was making such a fuss. It really was a non-event after all.
Founder
aarku Wrote:Yowch. Heal soon!

Did the guy get carded?

I was in too much pain to notice but I highly doubt it. The refs were not of the highest level.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames