Options for Web Game Development in OS X

Sage
As I move more and more back into OS X, I'm looking for ways to entertain some little ideas. In Windows I started tinkering with Silverlight for making some web games. It's truly a wonderful little API.

What I'm wondering is if there are similar frameworks that I can use from within OS X to develop web-based games? I'm hoping for free solutions and at the current time all I've found is using Java applets and Processing. Is there anything else I'm missing?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Flash, Unity, plain ol' JavaScript (probably with the WebKit/Mozilla "Canvas" extension)
On the Flash side, you used to be able to do Actionscript 3 development for free using Flex Builder. It does cost money now but there may still be free options out there.
monteboyd Wrote:On the Flash side, you used to be able to do Actionscript 3 development for free using Flex Builder. It does cost money now but there may still be free options out there.

The Flex SDK is still free; you only need a paid license to use the Flex Builder IDE itself. If you don't mind figuring out how to use command-line mxmlc, fdb, etc., it's still a perfectly viable free option.
Sage
Hm. Perhaps I'll look into Flex then. Just want some free way to tinker with web games. Thanks guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  game development using directx/cryengine codetoeternity 2 1,910 Oct 10, 2013 06:34 AM
Last Post: codetoeternity
  News: Game development MMO in the works diablosandwicheater 0 2,648 Mar 13, 2012 10:33 AM
Last Post: diablosandwicheater
  Game Development Environments SethWillits 14 9,454 Feb 20, 2009 04:27 PM
Last Post: Toontingy
  Best Porting Options - Mac (Cocoa/OpenGL) to Windows Jake 30 14,243 Dec 18, 2006 08:05 PM
Last Post: dajtxx
  Development on current/next gen game consoles Carlos Camacho 9 5,224 Jul 19, 2006 11:31 PM
Last Post: sealfin