Lots of lots of sound on iPhone

Apprentice
Hi there!

I have a question regarding audio on iPhone. Please answer as much as the NDA allows you to.

I want to create a sequencer similar to Band (http://moocowmusic.com/Band). It will have many short samples (around 30 or so) of which many will play simultaneously. While a sample is playing I want to be able to change its volume and move it from left to right. And it all has to stay in sync to keep the rhythm tight.

Is the iPhone capable of doing this? What about performance? What about memory? And which way would I do this? Core Audio, Audio Queue Services or OpenAL?

Any ideas or pointers are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
Can't speak on the iPhone, but on the Mac I would use OpenAL Wink

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Apprentice
Ahem yes. Thank you for your answer! Let me rephrase my question a little bit.

I want to do all of the above but on a very low-end Mac with a slow processor and little RAM that somehow still runs OS X Leopard.

Cool now? Grin
Apprentice
john42 Wrote:Ahem yes. Thank you for your answer! Let me rephrase my question a little bit.

I want to do all of the above but on a very low-end Mac with a slow processor and little RAM that somehow still runs OS X Leopard.

Cool now? Grin
Sorry to go off-topic, but this is one of the funniest comments I've seen here. LOL
Apprentice
Eckie Wrote:Sorry to go off-topic, but this is one of the funniest comments I've seen here. LOL
Glad I could help. Smile
On a slower Mac, OpenAL may be overkill. CoreAudio might be just the thing you need.

"When you dream, there are no rules..."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iPhone MOD players / sound engines? Jamie W 2 4,891 Aug 22, 2009 02:19 AM
Last Post: Jamie W
  iPhone 3GS Sound Libraries Bunkai 4 3,542 Jul 10, 2009 08:57 AM
Last Post: Madrayken