uDevGames 2008

Founder
Thanks,
I have template completed and at last a system to take in developers, dev diaries and so forth. So it is all coming along. The area need help with is marketing. You all gave me a list of potential prizes. That's good. But I need a list of contact emails and contact people at these companies. Then I can do a mass mail. That would be very helpful.

Also, I need someone to give me at least one screenshot of every past game to fill up the pages for the past contests.

I mentioned to Seth I could also need some default images for the site of 3d characters. 3d data is fine.

Actually, I am needing commander-r in 3d format. Someone started to work on it long ago and never provided the 3d data. obj/dxf/3ds are all fine. Having in 3d allows me to use him in many poses.

I will shortly need some beta testing of udevgames.com. I will announce it here.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Carlos - I gave you contact info for all of those companies weeks ago. I'll send it again.
Founder
>Carlos - I gave you contact info for all of those companies weeks ago. I'll send it again.
Yep, always looking for more sponsors. My experience is that 20% of all companies contacted turn into sponsors.

I've updated the screenshot above. Text in the blue box was provided by Seth and Co. The Contest Highlight text is from uDG 2004. Could you all proof it? If I should re-order the bullet points, let me know.

If someone can start grabbing screen shots of previous year's entries, that would be very very helpful.

Thanks,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
How about OMG entries as well?
Alex
EvolPenguin Wrote:How about OMG entries as well?
Alex

If I remember correctly, the source code is not available for OMG entries so it would be wrong to display them as part of the site.

Some please correct me if I'm wrong.
Founder
OMG entries will appear within iDevGames' site when I get to that. As Andrew said, they don't have source code -- completely different contest.

Thanks,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
How will it work if you're using an engine where the source isn't available/is commercial (for example, but not limited to, Unity)?
Luminary
Then the source to your game will only be useful to others who have bought that engine.

Unfortunate, but preferable in our minds to disallowing such engines entirely. This is supposed to be a contest about making Mac games; if the most effective way to make a Mac game is to use Unity, Torque, etc., why should the rules prevent that?
Founder
>Then the source to your game will only be useful to others who have bought that engine.

Yep, that's right.

I've updated the image I first posted back on page #4 of this thread.

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
alrighty, uDevGames looks like it's actually going to happen soon Smile

I like the new Command-R logo, looks great

keep up the good work Carlos!
I'll start working on getting screenshots of past entries. Are you looking for all games from uDevGames 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004? I'm pretty sure I have all of the '03 and '04 entries, but only some from '02, and none from '01. Does anyone here have a complete archive?
Founder
Yes, I am looking for every single game entered into the contest. I should have all playables in a CD-ROM. I shall look for it.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder
Page 4 of this thread has an updated image of the front page.

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apprentice
Carlos Camacho Wrote:Page 4 of this thread has an updated image of the front page.

Cheers

(Page 5, I think?) Is there really going to be an entry fee?
⌘-R in Chief
Page 2. And yes, there has always been an entry fee. It's minimal and covers the bandwidth costs associated with hosting all of the files during the contest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  uDevGames 2008 Winners igame3d 25 14,027 Mar 18, 2009 02:39 PM
Last Post: skwirl42
  Official Start of uDevGames 2008 aarku 17 8,816 Dec 8, 2008 07:41 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  uDevGames 2008 size limit ThemsAllTook 12 6,178 Dec 6, 2008 07:43 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Tutorial Contest - May 23, 2008 stevejohnson 18 10,045 Jun 21, 2008 05:55 AM
Last Post: FlamingHairball