Moving Balls Game User Interface : Help Requested

Apprentice
Hello
I Am New To The Apple Enviorment. I Am Suppose To Design A Game With Min 3 Balls On Screen . With The Help Of Acclerometer Move One Ball Between Other 2.

I Have Read The Iphone Provided Documentation For Development , Was Not Able To Follow It Completely.

For Now All I Need Is The Graphics ... 3 Balls On The Screen. Kindly Guide
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Why Are You Typing In Titlecase?
Due to the iPhone NDA we are not allowed to discuss any iPhone code level functions. There is plenty of sample code available to registered developers on this subject. Please refrain from asking for iPhone specific help on these forums.

As far as the non iPhone specific drawing, take a look at OpenGL and sample code provided by Apple that deals with drawing objects.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Yay! I'm not bound by NDA, and I'll try to give advice that wouldn't violate it if I were.

Normally, you would use Quartz to draw things, or OpenGL if you want to make it fast. Just make an image of a ball, load it, and then display it. I can't help too much with the Quartz, but with OpenGL ES, you would create an OpenGL context (refer to your Documentation), create a vertex array (VBO?) or whatever, and then execute the arrays. (I'm not too familiar with the terminology these days, but the concepts are the same).

Now, the accelerometer is just another input source, much like a mouse or keyboard; that part, you have to figure out yourself.

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Apprentice
kodex Wrote:Due to the iPhone NDA we are not allowed to discuss any iPhone code level functions. There is plenty of sample code available to registered developers on this subject. Please refrain from asking for iPhone specific help on these forums.

As far as the non iPhone specific drawing, take a look at OpenGL and sample code provided by Apple that deals with drawing objects.

registered developers on this website or only apple registered developers.
It would be a violation of the NDA for us to provide sample code =)

There is a plethora of information and sample code available on Apple's iPhone page however.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Apprentice
what is a game engine and how to design one for iphone using opengles

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iTunes Connect Test User acting like real user jonhud 1 4,310 Apr 3, 2012 12:58 AM
Last Post: sefiroths
  User input for memory game soulesstps 0 2,698 Jan 2, 2011 09:37 PM
Last Post: soulesstps
  Feedback on Gameplay Video Requested kendric 20 6,547 Jul 29, 2009 07:05 AM
Last Post: kendric
  Moving away from xib\nib kendric 2 2,455 Apr 22, 2009 10:16 PM
Last Post: kendric
  OpenGL & native user interface? q2dm1 1 2,629 Nov 26, 2008 08:43 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake