PyWeek in September

Apprentice
I'll be entering PyWeek for the first time next month, and I wouldn't mind entering a small team if anyone here is interested. The theme voting starts next week, and the competition starts on Sept 7, and goes until Sept 14.

I've been learning Python over the last month, and it has been really easy to learn, and quite rewarding as well. If you aren't familiar with Python, but would like to contribute you artistic, musical, writing or design talents please let me know.

I'm planning on using Pyglet for graphics, sounds and input. This library is an excellent lightweight alternative to PyGame (which is a wrapper for SDL). I'll probably be sticking to a two-dimensional game, as that is what I'm familiar with. As for the rest, we'll figure that out after the theme is selected.
Quote this message in a reply
I'm in. Been a Python/Pyglet fan for a few months now. Find me on AIM - irskep.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Apprentice
Sweet, glad to see there's some more python programmers around here. I've added you to AIM. Let me know your username at Pyweek.org, and I'll add you to the entry. Any team name ideas?
Also irskep on PyWeek. No ideas yet - all the ones I've had lately have been implemented in demo form and are therefore illegal.

Apprentice
Hey, I'll be out of town this weekend until Wednesday, but I'm going to check the PyWeek website to see what the theme selections are while I'm gone. I'll try to brainstorm some ideas, and then connect with you when I get back to see what we can come up with.
Apprentice
Ive been thinking on the themes, and I wouldn't mind any of them really, but I'm drawing blanks for "Fog & Frosts" and "Punk". I'll probably have a couple of hours each workday to commit to the project next week.

Where are you at diordna, you still up for an entry? Do you have any particular field/aspect you'd prefer to work on?
I'm in Cleveland, Ohio at the moment. Also a couple of hours per day, possibly more depending on class work. I'm available for conversation after 3pm EST.

I think we will be fine regardless of what the theme is, but my favorite is flat-packed, followed by length of string. I will think of ideas tonight and tomorrow and get back to you.

Apprentice
Well, we ended up doing not too bad.
http://www.pyweek.org/7/ratings/
We placed 5th in the team entries.
http://www.pyweek.org/e/idg/
Whoa, I forgot to check. Yay us!

Congrats guys. Way to represent iDG Smile
Apprentice
Looks like the linux crashing issues hurt us a little bit. That's too bad, but I still had fun, and most people really seemed to enjoy the game a lot.
Hey, that is really cool! Good job guys! Grin
Apprentice
Thanks guys!