GL Golf for iPhone Beta

I'm almost done porting GL Golf to the iPhone and I'm going to need some beta testers. Thankfully I programmed GL Golf in Cocoa so porting it over to the iPhone has only taken around 40 hours so far (I'm guessing I need another 20 before it's ready). Here is a current screenshot -

[Image: glgolfiphone.jpg]

If anyone wants to help please send me (jake a.t. nuclearnova.com , or post here) their 40 digit hex device ID of their iPhone/iPod Touch, along with what model they have.

I'll send out an email next week with more information (once I figure this out, I haven't figured out the whole distribution method yet).
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
I love golf and i am very eager to test this game. sign me.
macmini Wrote:I love golf and i am very eager to test this game. sign me.

Thanks, all I need is you to email me the 40 digit hex number if haven't already.

If you don't know it, In iTunes select your iPhone/iPod Touch and click the "serial number" label, and that will reveal your hex ID
Apprentice
That looks quite advanced, and like a lot of fun. Grin
I'd be happy to test for you.

79755c819fc9a647326de8fa90d964d20f10e86b
Nibbie
Jake, if your looking for another beta tester I'd be more than willing to help out.
WillPen Wrote:Jake, if your looking for another beta tester I'd be more than willing to help out.

Thanks but I think I'm all set now, the game is pretty much finished and has been distributed to all of the testers (it took a full day to actually get the thing going on other devices Mad). I'm hoping to submit to Apple tomorrow, anyone know how long it takes nowadays to get approved/rejected? I've heard 7-10 days a while back, I'm not sure if it's going faster or slower now.
Congrats!

Jake Wrote:anyone know how long it takes nowadays to get approved/rejected? I've heard 7-10 days a while back, I'm not sure if it's going faster or slower now.

It seems to vary a whole lot, but 7-10 days on average is about right. I've seen some stuff take longer, and other stuff slide through in a day or so.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
JustinFic Wrote:Congrats!

It seems to vary a whole lot, but 7-10 days on average is about right. I've seen some stuff take longer, and other stuff slide through in a day or so.

Thanks for the info, GL Golf is now in review Grin! These days are going to be hard to wait! My paid contract is still showing "Setup in Process" after 7 days (good thing I started that a week ago), I'll probably call Apple tomorrow to see if that's normal or if something is taking longer than usual.
Apprentice
hey jake sup

i got new iphone 3g. If u need any help in testing reply me or come to gtalk
Testing is done and it is now available on the iTunes store, Thanks guys!

http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthrea...post139242
Apprentice
first of all i want to congratulate you for ur game. Amazing gameplay but many things were wrong in this game.
1.game menu was so bad.

2. No tips for beginners

3. user interface is wrong

I know game has allready been released and must be doing very good business also but if u can solve all these bugs then it will do much better.
Thanks, I've gotten pretty good reviews about gameplay so far.

1/3. Care to elaborate? I've never had the UI touch, but I'm willing to work on it.
2. I give a message during the first round explaining how to play, after that the HUD should be self explanatory

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Installing iPhone 3.0 Beta 5 Achithyn 3 3,208 Jun 4, 2009 02:55 PM
Last Post: bruss14
  Tetravex for iPhone looking for beta testers Holmes 22 7,774 Aug 20, 2008 06:15 PM
Last Post: Holmes