OpenGL Extension Loading

Nibbie
Hi

I'm having difficulties loading framebuffer object extensions using glext.h. It does not define the functions for some reason.

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 2600, so I'm quite sure it has support for the extension.

I don't really have experience loading extensions on a mac; this is the first time I tried. On Windows it was relatively easy. I've tried using <OpenGL/glext.h>, <OpenGL/gl.h>, and a downloaded copy of glext from Khronos. None of them work.
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
The system glext.h should be just fine -- certainly on Leopard, and I'm pretty sure on Tiger with Xcode 2.4.1 or later; possibly earlier Xcode versions.

There's no "loading" to be done per se (no PFNGL rubbish), just include <OpenGL/glext.h> and call the functions.
Nibbie
Hmm... that's what I thought, but for some reason I get compiler errors saying that the functions are not defined. When I add an #error directive next to the function definitions in glext.h, it does not show up at all. The entire block of code does not seem to be included.
Luminary
Which SDK are you compiling against? They wouldn't be defined in the 10.3.9 SDK...

If you don't know, paste your detailed build log from Xcode...
Nibbie
I'm pretty sure it's the latest; I'm using the normal OpenGL framework, and I'm running 10.5.4. I'll look more into it tomorrow. I'm gonna try and figure out which #if statement is returning false. I just wish glext wasn't 5000 lines of code.

I'm using SDL, but I don't believe that should make a difference.
Thanks, by the way.

P.S. GL_EXT_framebuffer_object is defined, just not the gl functions...
Luminary
Did you #define GL_GLEXT_FUNCTION_POINTERS or something silly like that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL ES Loading images techy 4 3,916 Dec 24, 2009 02:01 PM
Last Post: techy
  Point distance attenuation with OGL-extension - how? mcMike 6 5,723 May 21, 2008 10:58 PM
Last Post: mcMike
  OpenGL Texture Loading &amp; Sprites corporatenewt 2 11,089 Jan 30, 2008 12:39 PM
Last Post: ynda20
  Loading and using textures with alpha in OpenGL with Cocoa corporatenewt 4 6,414 Dec 8, 2007 02:06 PM
Last Post: Malarkey
  loading textures - cocoa openGL mDmarco 20 9,482 Aug 28, 2007 08:48 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie