iPhone Physics SDK

Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm new to iPhone development and I've been searching for a physics SDK for iPhone.

I can't find any downloadable files in oolong site.

Does anyone know about any oner platform or even library to implement the physics for a game?

Thank you in advance,
Hugo
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
How sophisticated do you need it to be? It's not iPhone specific, but I'm sure I saw a tech demo of Chipmunk running on the iPhone somewhere.

See:
http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13458,
or the main site:
http://wiki.slembcke.net/main/published/Chipmunk.
malikibala Wrote:I can't find any downloadable files in oolong site.

Look harder Wink
Both Bullet and Chipmunk are known to work (we use Chipmunk at cocoatouchgames.com - works great!).
Apprentice
Thank you all for your reply. I'm thanking you for taking a bit of your time to answer others doubts.

Elliptic, thank you... I'll save those references cause I really got impressed by that engine. Unfortunately I'm willing to develop something in 3D.

AnotherJake, I went to the the oolongengine.com site and tried to get the files, but they don't have any for download. I must be blind (I'm color blind for sure, but I think there's nothing)

Bronx, I'll search for bullet engine. Perhaps that should suffice me.

Thank you and keep it coming.
malikibala Wrote:AnotherJake, I went to the the oolongengine.com site and tried to get the files, but they don't have any for download. I must be blind (I'm color blind for sure, but I think there's nothing)

From the page: "Check out Oolong Engine at Google code for the latest version."

Follow the link...

Click on the "source" tab. There you will find instructions on how to obtain a copy of it. I am not going to link it directly here because it is in violation of the NDA. How they've gotten away with having it up there for this long is a mystery to me.
Apprentice
Thank you once again AnotherJake.

I was really missing it cause i wasn't looking in the source pane.

Thanks a ton.
Apprentice
Box2Dis one I've looked at. Seems quite good, though it's for 2D graphics only. It comes with a testbed app & (Xcode) project & source.

Two of the bets iPhone games yet (Dizzy Bee, and Toy Bot Diaries) both use it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what iPhone device versions to target for physics based games? mixedup 3 1,626 Sep 30, 2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: mawigator