Why bluetooth games do not work on iPhone 2G?

Hi mates!

I have the first iPhone (2G) but bluetooth games do not work between it and my iPod 2ndGen, for instace Pong or Tic-Tac-Touch.
Is there any hardware limitation I should know?

Both are up-to-date (3.1.2)

Any idea?
Quote this message in a reply
Here or here.

Read the documentation before asking questions.
longjumper Wrote:Here or here.

Read the documentation before asking questions.

Thanks a lot. I thought it was a problem of my iPhone.

I read on docs:
"Bluetooth networking is not supported on the original iPhone or the first-generation iPod Touch. It is also not supported in Simulator."
But I don't see the actual reason.
It doesn't have a bluetooth sender/reciever of course!
Oddity007 Wrote:It doesn't have a bluetooth sender/reciever of course!

I have an iPhone 2G and I see a bluetooth option inside settings. I never used it but do you mean that actually I don't have bluetooth?
Thanks for reply.
Apprentice
i think Oddity007 is wrong... the iPhone 2G actually has bluetooth! you are even able to use an external GPS device for navigation if you have jailbroken your iphone.
but unfortunately bluetooth games doesn't work on my iPhone.. but I read from people who got them working with a software-mod called "A2DP Enabler" (jailbreak only!).
it would be nice if apple would enable the bluetooth completely for 2G users that don't use the jailbreak..
Apprentice
was my last post deleted because I was talking about the iphone hack (name begins with "j..")?

if yes, sorry...

so I just say it without the details, because some people might be interested...

Iphone 2G has bluetooth built in. i think it's only apple that unfortunately doesn't support it..
Apprentice
aaaah i can't post!
Sorry about that alibaba123, we have to approve the first few posts of new members to weed out the spammers. You should see some of the stuff we get! Anyway, you now have three posts, so hopefully you'll be out of quarantine within the next few posts. I don't actually know what the real number is, as it is set by the owner of the forum.

BTW, we do avoid talking about jailbroken stuff here, so gotta be careful. We have a few Apple engineers who are nice enough to stop by and offer help from time to time and they'll stop doing that if we go rogue on them Wink
Apprentice
ok AnotherJake, thanks for the clarification.. i was really wondering were all my posts were going to... Smile
alibaba123 Wrote:i think Oddity007 is wrong... the iPhone 2G actually has bluetooth! you are even able to use an external GPS device for navigation if you have jailbroken your iphone.
but unfortunately bluetooth games doesn't work on my iPhone.. but I read from people who got them working with a software-mod called "A2DP Enabler" (jailbreak only!).
it would be nice if apple would enable the bluetooth completely for 2G users that don't use the jailbreak..

Hmm, never knew that it had one, thanks.

It wasn't until the iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G that I heard about a built in bluetooth receiver from news sources. Unless you mean the iPhone 3G, which would be the 2nd generation iPhone, with the 3GS being the 3rd generation.

Oh Apple, why must you confuse us all?
Apprentice
Oddity007 Wrote:Hmm, never knew that it had one, thanks.

It wasn't until the iPod Touch 2G and iPhone 3G that I heard about a built in bluetooth receiver from news sources. Unless you mean the iPhone 3G, which would be the 2nd generation iPhone, with the 3GS being the 3rd generation.

Oh Apple, why must you confuse us all?

hi,

no I really mean the first generation Iphone 2G (or Classic), the one with the metal-case on the back. Wink
if you google for "iphone 2g bluetooth" you'll find something about it.
alibaba123 Wrote:hi,

no I really mean the first generation Iphone 2G (or Classic), the one with the metal-case on the back. Wink
if you google for "iphone 2g bluetooth" you'll find something about it.

I have that one, and it says on settings it has bluetooth, although I never used it. I will look for that right now.
Apprentice
yes i've got the 2G too. and I already have used bluetooth... but only with a iPhone with jailbreak..
I don't know for what you can use the bluetooth if you have no jailbreak.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what iPhone device versions to target for physics based games? mixedup 3 1,388 Sep 30, 2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: mawigator
  Music bitrate for ipad and iphone games Bambinou 5 9,659 Nov 19, 2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: fugufish
  iPhone 4 and 480x320 games bmantzey 15 13,191 Sep 30, 2010 11:18 PM
Last Post: monteboyd
  GameKit bluetooth failing on iPad? Cirdan 0 3,724 Sep 3, 2010 01:20 AM
Last Post: Cirdan
  Does TinyXML (or something similar) work on the iPhone? riruilo 7 5,327 Sep 23, 2009 01:59 PM
Last Post: riruilo