Bowling iPhone Game Development Needed

Nibbie
Please only responde if you are serious. When you contact me via email or instant message here, please provide a phone # or IM. I dont want to spend time playing tag via emails.

I am in need of a iPhone Bowling Game Developed. I understand there are numerous current bowling games out there, but that is not of my concern.

If you are capable of developing the game (from start to finish), meaning doing the game, graphics, etc, then contact me. You must be able to complete within 4 weeks max, but prefer 2-3 weeks. With this turnaround time, it implies that we are looking for a company that can outsource or has multiple resources.

You must be able to complete quickly. I will pay a flat fee. In addition as a bonus, if you complete in time, we will also give a contract for 3 additional games.

If this is to complicated, I would be willing to discuss some simplier games like checkers, connect 4, etc. But these would have to be able to be developed within 2 weeks max.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
May be a good idea to provide contact info.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Regardless of the resources available, 2-3 weeks is an extremely short timeline for producing a nontrivial game, let alone a finished, tested, polished one. 2-3 months would be far more feasible.
Even 4 weeks would require multiple programmers working very very long weeks. 2 weeks for any game on the iPhone would be pretty much undoable unless you wanted a very poor product. But with a $50,000+ budget you might be able to get something playable in a month with the right amount of luck.

I would personally say 3 months with 2 people on the project would be a good place to look at. Otherwise you will end up with a very poor project.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
fast cheap good -- pick two. Wink

[edit] oh yeah, reasonable estimation is: iphone game, non-trivial, reasonable budget, 3 months, 2 people, I concur
Nibbie
Current numerous companies (India and other foreign places) for about 1-2k and 4-6 weeks. The issue is I would prefer to us a US company. Easier to communicate, etc. I know it will be a little higher in cost, but it is mainly the timeframe issue.

If we wait 2-3 months for a completed product, then the lag for apple to approve, there will be about 2-3k free apps/games, and we wont get as much exposure and downloads.

So looking for someone quick. This forum might have more freelancers and game developers that dont work for a company which makes it a harder task. Just thought I would try.

ttkauffman (at) yahoo.com is my contact details
Oldtimer
I understand your concern, but the App Store is already flooded with quick-turnaround crap, so you would do well to develop something polished to stand out above the current junkyard.
I think you would have to be pretty crazy to finish an iPhone game and sell the rights to it considering how much money some developers are making - http://9to5mac.com/iphone-apps-developers-rich
Blink

Oh my gosh!
ttkauffman Wrote:Current numerous companies (India and other foreign places) for about 1-2k and 4-6 weeks. The issue is I would prefer to us a US company. Easier to communicate, etc. I know it will be a little higher in cost, but it is mainly the timeframe issue.

If you can get anyone to make anything for the iPhone in 4-6 weeks for $2,000 take it without thinking twice. It should cost 10x as much and take at least twice as long and I would still consider that a hell of a deal.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
AnotherJake Wrote:Blink

Oh my gosh!

Feel the dark side pulling you in?

Hey, at least it is "The best of the breed".

Mad
-LG

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Hairball183 Wrote:Feel the dark side pulling you in?

Heh... Yes. Ninja I have two iPhone projects rolling ATM. I think the easier of the two is going to be sent for review a little sooner than I expected. The other one is giving me major grief in the AI department and probably won't be ready for at least another month.
Nibbie
I will agree, there are many making thousands per day. But if you are not in the top 50 downloads, then it is going to become meanless. In addition with the amount of games being added daily, it will become even harder. Plus place it against the free apps side and even less. Meaning when there are 5 bowling games out there (3 free and 2 paid), even with an inferior product, people will choose the free version.

I am not making light of top leve game programers. Just hoping that one of these forums has an outsourcing firm that understands iphone game development, can turn around a project within a reasonable time frame. Look at the the magic 8 ball game. I would imagine if you take out the learning of the sdk, that took 1-2 weeks. I had a firm that did mobile game development and it cost $750 on average for a game. The company has a current project that is occupying the entire staff and they have stated it will take 2-3 months to hire new developers to learn sdk process, and the game development needs.

If anyone wants to talk on the phone about this, feel free. I am willing to pay a consultant that can help assist us in finding an outsourced company. Our goal is to launch 25-50 games (in the free app side) within 1 year. These games will not be complex. Somewhere b/t a checkers and a bowling game. No multiplayer/multilevel games.

Thanks
25-50 iPhone games per year is a tremendous goal, even if they are "simple" games. Thinking this will cost you anywhere under $500,000 would be living in a dream world. If you are prepared to spend that much then there may be development firms that can work with you, but keep in mind that everyone and their brother is trying to develop iPhone software right now and the few programmers that there are overwhelmed with offers.

There are only a handful of qualified iPhone game developers currently out there. I have seen way to many post on Apple's developer discussion boards from contractors asking how to launch their web app natively from the iPhone or how to create an OpenGL view. If you hire someone without iPhone game experience you will not get a finished project much less one in 4 weeks. If you don't believe me try and find some position results for iPhone programming on elance or scriptlance.

I hate to have to say this but you need to take a step towards reality and realize what you are asking of programmers. If you want to keep your timeframe deadlines you better be prepared to pay more then 10x what you are currently offering, which I suspect is one of the reasons why you are getting friction here and I can only guess from every other experienced iPhone developer out there.

Most of us have been working on our current iPhone projects for several months with very long hours, myself included. These are not even AAA style games but the more "basic" games you are speaking of. Your current offers are almost on the insult level.

I apologize for being blunt but it will save you a lot of wasted time and effort. This is not a normal mobile phone market where you can easily slap together a low quality product and toss it into the market place. This is more on the lines of developing for a full computer system and there are a lot more things to take into consideration. If you can not adapt to that style of thinking it may be best to stick with your current mobile platforms.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
I agree with many people's comments here. A two-three week time-frame is just not a possible thing. In addition, would your bowling game be 3-d or 2-d? (That would greatly affect the price too.)

In India you may find very cheap labor. I mean (after all) the programmers will only be making $2/hour, so the time that your project will take will be feasible. However, programmers in USA or other European countries are at a starting point of $50/hour. If you want a small "professional" team doing this project, it'll cost at a beginning rate of $15,000. However a two-person team might actually get interested at $10k.

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  framework for 2d game development? MikeAlive 2 677 Jul 17, 2014 05:39 AM
Last Post: IceD34ler
  3D game development socialrender 4 6,148 Jan 2, 2013 12:50 AM
Last Post: NikG
  Win a copy of: Beginning iPhone 4 Development: Exploring the iOS SDK @iOS_blog 0 3,210 Oct 1, 2011 04:23 AM
Last Post: @iOS_blog
  iphone 4 game development andynov123 2 7,188 Jan 18, 2011 01:27 AM
Last Post: JohnEdward
  Beginning Iphone game development collision lunayo 0 3,834 Oct 8, 2010 11:43 AM
Last Post: lunayo