Tetravex for iPhone looking for beta testers

One slight criticism of the game Sad

I just bought it and tried to view the help and tips for playing the game. I guess this information is on a website and not built in. Due to the wonderful phone coverage I have were I am today I cannot get any internet connection so no idea how to play the game!

I'm of the opinion that an iPhone game should work without the need for internet connectivity.

(Before anyone asks, I downloaded it on my laptop which does have internet access and then synced it across to my iPhone)
Quote this message in a reply
BeyondCloister Wrote:One slight criticism of the game Sad

I just bought it and tried to view the help and tips for playing the game. I guess this information is on a website and not built in. Due to the wonderful phone coverage I have were I am today I cannot get any internet connection so no idea how to play the game!

I'm of the opinion that an iPhone game should work without the need for internet connectivity.

(Before anyone asks, I downloaded it on my laptop which does have internet access and then synced it across to my iPhone)

Hi Cloister. Sorry about that. One reason I chose to do it that way was that I had some other obligations which rushed the release of the game. As a result, the documentation had to be written while the app was in review, and so it had to be online.

I'll try and change this in the next update ... does anybody know off the bat if safari is able to open URL's that are located in an application's sandbox? It strikes me that this is probably not possible. I guess I'll probably have to make the docs built in.
Apprentice
Wow Holmes congratulations on getting your game in the AppStore!

So far I don't know anybody else who has his game in the AppStore, maybe it would be fun to create a topic about it, so we know which people on this forum have games in the AppStore.
Eckie Wrote:Wow Holmes congratulations on getting your game in the AppStore!

So far I don't know anybody else who has his game in the AppStore, maybe it would be fun to create a topic about it, so we know which people on this forum have games in the AppStore.

Could be fun. I'd actually wager that there's quite a few with stuff in the App Store though Grin
I count at least half a dozen from these forums.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
kodex Wrote:I count at least half a dozen from these forums.

Yeah, I have Stock Command. http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSto...90154&mt=8
AnotherJake's GBMusicTrack was a great help so the update that should be coming in the next couple days (it was submitted a few days or so ago) will have background music. Thanks again Jake!

Tetravex is one of my favorite (and least favorite Wink) games on the app store. It's really addicting and fun, but that 5x5 board is evil! I still haven't managed to beat it yet. I have managed to get a couple high scores on 4x4!
Apprentice
Very neat game. I already bought it.

Just a question Holmes. What did you use to develop it? Just quartz2d or did you use any other thing?

I have some project in mind, but i'm still investigating what to use. Though in my case i need OpenGL 3d.

Anyway... many of game engines are still on a very young stage.

Congrats for the game.
malikibala Wrote:Very neat game. I already bought it.

Just a question Holmes. What did you use to develop it? Just quartz2d or did you use any other thing?

I have some project in mind, but i'm still investigating what to use. Though in my case i need OpenGL 3d.

Anyway... many of game engines are still on a very young stage.

Congrats for the game.

Hey Malikibala,

Thanks for buying Smile

I'm using OpenGL ES for all the rendering, including the UI.

- Holmes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call for beta testers for FaceRace WeHeartGames 0 2,074 Aug 28, 2009 07:16 AM
Last Post: WeHeartGames
  Installing iPhone 3.0 Beta 5 Achithyn 3 3,265 Jun 4, 2009 02:55 PM
Last Post: bruss14
  Tournament Reversi looking for beta testers Holmes 2 2,718 Apr 16, 2009 12:02 PM
Last Post: Holmes
  Online Game - I'm looking for beta testers slyvek 0 2,240 Feb 2, 2009 04:03 PM
Last Post: slyvek
  GL Golf for iPhone Beta Jake 11 5,920 Oct 2, 2008 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jake