Tetravex for iPhone looking for beta testers

For the past few weeks I have been working on a version of the classic edge matching puzzle game Tetravex for iPhone. GrinGrinGrin Here are some screenshots:

[Image: s1.png]
[Image: s2.png]
[Image: s3.png]
[Image: s4.png]

The game is not done quite yet, but will go into beta soon, so I am looking for testers now.

All I need from potential testers are the 40 digit hex device ID of their device. You can send this to me by private message or talk to me via AIM, user = holmazu. Note that I am only allowed 100 testers (ever), so please only talk to me if you would be willing to at least test out the game a few times.

Once I have enough testers, I will give all testers the proper provisioning to run the game, and start distributing copies to them. The process should not be difficult for testers.

Especially helpful would be someone with an iPhone, or iPhone 3G, as I am working with an iPod Touch.

Thank you!

- Holmes
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
Hey Holmes,

I'm expecting my iPhone 3G to arrive anywhere in a few days to a few weeks. I'm madly excited about iPhone game development but as long as I'm not able to participate in it, I'd love to do some beta testing.

So I can't help you at the moment just yet, but consider me interested. I'll get back to you when I got my iPhone.
Eckie Wrote:Hey Holmes,

I'm expecting my iPhone 3G to arrive anywhere in a few days to a few weeks. I'm madly excited about iPhone game development but as long as I'm not able to participate in it, I'd love to do some beta testing.

So I can't help you at the moment just yet, but consider me interested. I'll get back to you when I got my iPhone.

You'll be pretty happy you did. Fun game.
Alright everybody, Tetravex has officially entered the beta testing stage. It is feature complete ... all that is missing is the server side of the online high scores.

Please post here for beta testing information, or talk to me via AIM = holmazu. In exchange for beta testing (and good feedback), you will get a free copy of the game.
Eckie Wrote:Hey Holmes,

Heh, that's a little late to beta test the initial release, but I'm sure I'll need help testing updates at some point Wink
Apprentice
Holmes Wrote:Heh, that's a little late to beta test the initial release, but I'm sure I'll need help testing updates at some point Wink
Ok great, keep us posted!
Apprentice
Hey Holmes, how is the game coming along?

I wanted to let you know my iPhone 3G arrived this morning so I'm available for testing if you need any.
Eckie Wrote:Hey Holmes, how is the game coming along?

I wanted to let you know my iPhone 3G arrived this morning so I'm available for testing if you need any.

Tetravex is currently in the application review process, and is waiting for Apple's approval. I have the Tetravex website online now:

http://futrellsoftware.com/tetravex/

I have some other obligations coming up, so I probably won't begin an update to Tetravex until September at the earliest. I will keep you in mind for testing though.
My last review was 6 days, best of luck

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
kodex Wrote:My last review was 6 days, best of luck

Thanks.

Under those conditions, we could expect the review process to be complete on Wednesday.
Apprentice
I've checked out the site, the movie is looking really good!
update: Apple has informed me that Tetravex is "ready for sale". So I guess I can expect it to be up today or tomorrow.
It will appear by direct search in a few hours
within the next few days it will appear in the games category then after that in the sub category

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Well, the game has appeared in the store:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSto...6&mt=8

I hope that people here are willing to try it out, and I hope everyone enjoys it. Don't forget to leave a review!
That's fantastic! So much more polish in the UI than most of the games on the App Store. It really makes a difference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call for beta testers for FaceRace WeHeartGames 0 2,025 Aug 28, 2009 07:16 AM
Last Post: WeHeartGames
  Installing iPhone 3.0 Beta 5 Achithyn 3 3,210 Jun 4, 2009 02:55 PM
Last Post: bruss14
  Tournament Reversi looking for beta testers Holmes 2 2,676 Apr 16, 2009 12:02 PM
Last Post: Holmes
  Online Game - I'm looking for beta testers slyvek 0 2,194 Feb 2, 2009 04:03 PM
Last Post: slyvek
  GL Golf for iPhone Beta Jake 11 5,886 Oct 2, 2008 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jake