About Echochrome

Nibbie
Has anyone realized of the possibility of adapting ECHOCHROME (either the latest version for psp or the older one for pc) to the accelerometer environment? To remind everyone, its gameplay is very simple: you just have to rotate the camera to get your goals and it simply fits into the iphone system.

I think it would be a blast for the iphone/ipod touch and a must for anyone!
What do you think???
Quote this message in a reply
I've never heard of ECHOCHROME before, but checking out a video of it on YouTube, it looks like it'd be a *great* game for iPhone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-ffIReSSU
Wow... that is a really cool concept. Trying to envision how to write the engine for it though, looks like it would be pretty complex.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Apprentice
That's insane! And really cool Grin

But then again, would it really be that hard? All you would have to do is make dynamic obstacles, which get input from the 2d-viewport. (f.e. if a trap is not visible in the 2d-viewport, it gets deactivated) And then hook the camera to the accelerometer. Sounds doable to me.
Wow, that does look like lot's of fun! Not sure about just the accelerometer for control. Maybe using your finger(s) to twist and turn it.
Apprentice
bruss14 Wrote:Wow, that does look like lot's of fun! Not sure about just the accelerometer for control. Maybe using your finger(s) to twist and turn it.
Might be more convenient in the subway. Although I'd love to create a game where the player actually would have to walk around the iPhone to complete a stage. LOL