iPhone Developer Program

I have a (hopefully) simple problem but no-one at Apple has answered any of the contact forms I sent. I finally got accepted on the program... three weeks ago.

But.

I get stuck in the payment screen. The Store for my country isn't listed (but there is a fully functional App Store for my country in iTunes), and the text above the list reads:
Quote:Please select your country to complete this transaction in your local currency. If you do not see your country listed here, please contact us for further assistance.

Does anyone know *any* way to contact Apple so I can find a solution for this? I used the contact form at http://developer.apple.com/contact/
but got no answer. I already waited months to be accepted in the program, now I'm waiting weeks for something that could potentially be very easy to solve Sad
Quote this message in a reply
While it may be a shot in the dark with how many emails he might be getting right now you can try Deric Horn at deric (at) apple.com with any luck he can forward it to the right people. How long ago did you use the contact form?

Edit: Take this at face value (nothing) but it says the only reason it is having you select your local country is to have the currency match. If the only reason it is there is to present your localized currency you may be able to just select US or wherever. Please don't blame me if this goes poorly though

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
yep...
I'm in the same situation.

Ah... you from Argentina, like me... ha... perhaps, and just perhaps, when the iphone arrives officially (I don't when) we will be able to buy the license.

riq.
kodex Wrote:While it may be a shot in the dark with how many emails he might be getting right now you can try Deric Horn at deric (at) apple.com with any luck he can forward it to the right people. How long ago did you use the contact form?

Edit: Take this at face value (nothing) but it says the only reason it is having you select your local country is to have the currency match. If the only reason it is there is to present your localized currency you may be able to just select US or wherever. Please don't blame me if this goes poorly though

Thanks Smile I used the contact form three times, once a week, last one was last friday I think.

And yes, I considered that possibility but haven't dared to do it just yet, that's why it's so frustrating. I even asked if that would be ok in the last two forms I filled Wink

@ricardo: likely August 22, but I'd love to have something available at launch, not after Smile
Just found this site again as well, thought it might help you out.

http://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.html

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
How long did it take for you to get a response (to pay) after you initially signed up for the program?

\thnx
A little bit over three months.

(Also, I thought I had already mentioned this but thanks to kodex I was finally able to contact Apple to sort things out Smile )
I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. I've sent several emails that they have not responded to. A very frustrating process.
Sending an email to Deric Horn worked for Powermacx, might be worth a try

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Apprentice
I've just signed up too (in advance of the fact it can take months)... but im a bit worried. I went through the signup process but had to cancel out before I completed it. When I went back, it said my request had been submitted - but at no point did it ask for payment or anything like that.

I've now no idea whether it worked or not!

p.s. BeyondCloister - I can't believe you're in Aberdeen! Small world! Grin
It would appear that canceling or hitting the back button in that process can screw things up pretty bad. I would wait a week then if nothing happens attempt to contact someone at Apple. The good news is like you said you have months =)

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
If they gave you an enrollment id you can use that as proof, when you contact them, that you enrolled and when you enrolled in the program.

They ask for payment when you are accepted (i guess 3 months down the road "[
BeyondCloister Wrote:I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. I've sent several emails that they have not responded to. A very frustrating process.

That's outrageous! Surely *someone* can be contacted at Apple regarding your situation. That's just stupid!
I just spoke to someone at Apple on the phone and she is now dealing with my application it. I should get the email requesting my company documentation today.

I just hope Apple are better than BT at getting back to people and doing things that they say they will.

JonnyThunder - I'm not the only other one up here either. I know of at least one other iPhone developer and a couple of more potential ones.
Apprentice
Yeah - i've since found another guy who's considering iPhone dev!

I don't suppose you could share the Apple telephone contact. I'd like to check my application actually went through. (PM would be fine too!) Im not too bothered if it takes a few months to process, as long as I know it IS being processed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Device to get for a Seasoned Developer New to iPhone Rasterman 1 2,257 Feb 10, 2010 01:28 PM
Last Post: Zwilnik
  New iPhone Developer RockinHerda 0 2,017 Mar 19, 2009 09:18 AM
Last Post: RockinHerda
  iPhone Developer Program: Installing iPhone OS miq01 5 3,508 Feb 25, 2009 06:46 PM
Last Post: miq01
  iPhone Developer Makes NBC with his App jgrayson1970 6 3,359 Dec 2, 2008 09:02 PM
Last Post: Bachus
  firm 2.2 and iphone developer jailbraked imaumac 1 2,159 Dec 1, 2008 07:52 AM
Last Post: Zwilnik