Handling DDS on a Mac

Nibbie
I am a Halo Modder/Skinner, but one of the problems that I always get is the ability to read/save/modify a certain picture type, specifically .dds...

I can read DXT1-5 no problem, but it is the other ones (A8R8G8B8, R5G5B5, and others) that I cannot modify or correctly save as. I have used Graphic Converter, but it does not load those types of pictures correctly (I have compared a preview of what they should look like to what they look like in G.C; they are different.)...

PC users have the ability to read these files due to a .dds plugin for Photoshop... but that is not accessible on a mac...

So my question is: is there any possible way or any program that I can use to read these file types and save a file as these types?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
As you say, GraphicConverter is horribly, horribly broken in this regard. I'm not aware of any other programs to do it. The file format is very simple to read, but possibly patent-encumbered to write.
tim42 Wrote:So my question is: is there any possible way or any program that I can use to read these file types and save a file as these types?

Ask the Graphics Converter developer(s) to add support for this ?

They have a "propose feature" request email link here:
http://www.lemkesoft.com/support.html

They appear to be fairly responsive - I had a color bug issue with ppm files a couple of years ago, that got fix fairly quickly after contacting them by email.
Nibbie
I will look into that, thank you...