I want to write iPhone games... where should i start?

Nibbie
Hallo everyone...
I allways wanted to write my own simple games, but I never did the step to learn a programing language... mainly because i never had really much time for this.... but this is going to change now!!! Smile

My problem is, that i really don´t know where to start?!
I have download the SDK, also play a little bit with it... but I really need a guideline.. some step by step tutorial witch can guide me truth the beginning.

So my question is... Where should i start?
Can anybody recommend me a good book to start with?
Can i just Jump into iPhone programing or do I need to learn Objective-C under OSX?
Quote this message in a reply
iPhone programming is a bit too new for there to be any books about it yet, the NDA would put a stop to anyone trying to write a book about it as well.

The best place for tutorials is on apple's website developer.apple.com/iphone

You will need a knowledge of Obj-C for iPhone/Mac programming
Nibbie
I have already check the apple developer site, but it seems to me its make for developer... witch is hard to understand for people with no programing experience.

So getting a Objective-C programing book would be the way to go?
morto Wrote:I have already check the apple developer site, but it seems to me its make for developer... witch is hard to understand for people with no programing experience.

So getting a Objective-C programing book would be the way to go?

Yes. A book on Objective-C is the best place to start without a doubt. I would suggest "Programming in Objective-C" by Stephen G. Kochan. This book is a wonderful starting point. After reading that book, I would suggest hitting up Google or some other search engine for fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming and similar computer science ideals.

Also, be sure to read about the background of the iPhone and how it works. This information can be found at developer.apple.com/iphone. One of the most important parts is the VCM (View Controller Model) paradigm that drives Cocoa.

Hope that helps. The NDA stops me from helping you in more straightforward ways, but that's how it goes...

Mac users swear by their computers, PC users swear at their computers. ~Unknown

iSayz
Objective C would be the place to start, it will give you the background to be able to start playing with the iPhone stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what iPhone device versions to target for physics based games? mixedup 3 1,505 Sep 30, 2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: mawigator
  Music bitrate for ipad and iphone games Bambinou 5 9,816 Nov 19, 2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: fugufish
  iPhone 4 and 480x320 games bmantzey 15 13,320 Sep 30, 2010 11:18 PM
Last Post: monteboyd
  Why bluetooth games do not work on iPhone 2G? riruilo 13 8,934 Mar 31, 2010 07:53 AM
Last Post: alibaba123
  Where to start learning iPhone development JonnyThunder 13 9,519 Oct 6, 2009 02:40 AM
Last Post: TrueScot